Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice on Bear Lake
Well I'm new here so I guess I should post. I live about 15 minutes from Bear Lake near Montpelier. I fish Bear Lake year round but love the ice the best. Was supposed to go today out to first point but the weather was too bad (a lot of wind). Went yesterday and got about a 5lb mack and a bunch of bites. The ice is still good but the Utah weather man says its going to heat up. Dont think the ice will last.Anyways, great site.Hope to talk to a few guys that like fishing as much as I do.
[signature]
Welcome to the site BearLaker. looking forward to reading your post. its nice to see some idaho people jump on board
[signature]
Welcome to the board Bearlaker. I'm from Paris myself and I can't wait for the ice to leave. Probably see ya out there.
[signature]
From Dingle myself Bodine. Think the ice will we gone very fast. Then its long line time.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Bearlaker,

I live up at Bear Lake on the weekends year round (Sweetwater) and fish it pretty hard. I am still learning this body of water so any tips you could share would be appreciated. Send a pm if you would like to get together and share some stories. The State Park marina has open water at the mouth and I noticed alot more slushy areas on the lake so ice off is coming soon!!
[signature]
BearLaker,
Welcome to the board. It's good to see a few more guys from Idaho on this site.
[signature]
Thanks. I'm sure I will like it here.
[signature]
welcome to Bigfishtackle, and thanks for choosing us as a home for shairing your fishing adventures...
[signature]
[Smile]hi bearlaker great to see new people registering everyday to the big fish tackle web site. check out the different states that you fish in i think you will find a lot of great info. and maybe be able to help someone out fishing in you area. keep the line tight trfishin
[signature]
Thanks.I have enjoyed this site so far.Seems to be a lot of good people using this site. And I love to talk fishin. As the weather gets better I find myself looking more and more outside and wishing I had a day off.
[signature]