Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 3-8-04
Well we made perhaps our last trip to Echo this year. I'm not sure what the conditions will be like by the time I'll be able to go again. The thin ice on the edge is getting wider than my 2x4s so I might have to take waders if I go again. If it was the last trip then it was a good one. The sun was out it was warm and we were the only ones on the lake. We got up there late so we didn't even try for trout but we got a bunch of nice perch topped off by a 12" long 1 lb monster that my son caught. That's two trips in a row that he has out fished me! He caught all his fish on a Swedish Pimple tipped with Perch meat. The other picture is my daughter last Saturday with her first fish on her new "Tigger" fishing pole.
[signature]
I love those big perch! That's why I'm taking my limits out of Jordanelle this year, to produce more bigun's like that one.
[signature]
I wouldn't mind catching a few more like that. I've done my share of population control at Echo this year. I hear that last year they were catching lots of big ones. Maybe it will be that way again.

FM
[signature]
Nice fish. I to have helped the perch population this year. I have put away my short pole and am getting my long pole ready for some fishing.
[signature]