Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palisades
Has anyone been to paliSades fishing lately? How did you do and how are the ice conditions?
[signature]
I haven't fished PaliSades Reservoir this winter but have fished there a number of times in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if you could find some safe ice to fish through during the next couple of weeks but I would be very cautious because the reservoir has been filling up.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Brian. Whats your best guess at when the ice will break on Bear Lake? I'm guessing 1-2 weeks on the outside if the temp holds. I drove around it yesterday and its looking pretty rotten.
[signature]
Looks like spring is finally here. Since I haven't seen Bear Lake as recently as you have then your guess is better than mine.
[signature]
Some Utah folks fished it friday 10"-14". I was there this weekend and the shore is breaking up quick!! I would not fish it. My guess is about one more week of safe ice if you are a daring sole.
[signature]
Thanks for the info fish1on. I cant wait for ice off. My boat is ready and raring to go. Maybe see ya out on the soft water.[Smile]
[signature]
Is there even any water in PaliSades? As for Bear Lake I guy I work with had some problems with a warm spring last week at Cisco Beech and fell through.He must have nine lives as he made it through that ok.Just wet and cold.
[signature]
According to the regional hydrometer paliSades is 30% full and filling. It was 30% last spring at ice off. I done fairly well fishing not as good as some years but better than others.
[signature]
Here is the hydroligest report:

[Image: bur.gif]
[signature]
Where did you get that cool map? Do they have one for the Southeast region? Bear Lake, Preston etc.
[signature]
I posted a link to the website with that picture along with several other links that you may be interested in about a month ago on the Idaho board.
Here's the link to the website with the above picture.
http://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/burtea.cfm
Here's a link to other drainages with similar maps.
http://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/select.html
I've been looking for a website that had some of the other reservoir but haven't had any luck yet.
[signature]
Thanks. The Snake River drainage is a good one to keep an eye on.
[signature]