Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walleye seminars.
The anual Utah Rocky mountain anglers and DWR walleye seminars are on, and coming up quick!

[url "http://www.rockymountainanglers.com/2)%20PDF%20Files/RMAWalleyeSeminar2004.pdf"][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 4]2004 RMA Walleye Seminars
[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url][font "Arial"][size 4]• Provo:[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 3] Tuesday March 30, Utah Lake State Park, 4400 West Center Street, Provo
(3 mi. west from Center Street exit)
• [/size][size 4]Salt Lake City: [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 3]Tuesday April 6, Utah DWR Auditorium, 1594 West North Temple,
Salt Lake City[/size][/font]

[size 1]These events are not only for novice anglers, or first timers to walleye fishing. Even the most expirineced walleye anglers usually come away with some new ideas or info. [/size]

[size 1]This is a great way to get involved in walleye fishing, and show the DWR your interest in multi species fishing in utah, Specifically walleye fishing. [/size]

[size 1]A big thanks has to go out to the RMA and DWR for putting on these seminars each year. Its april 6th in salt lake for me![/size]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Don't miss this seminar guys. Last year Bait_Caster and I attended. There was lots of good vidieo showing walley follow and strike at bottom bounsers. Several VERY GOOD speakers and demonstratins. Lots of good displays too. Tom Pettingill was a speaker along with several walleye championship winners. Get there early and sit on the front row for best view of all the lures they demmo. See ya there.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Speaking of Walleye lures... best all time would be Storm's Jr. thundersticks/ deep thundersticks, Smithwick's deadstick and Suspending Rogue, and there's the little known ReefRunners. As for the colors, I ain't givin' them away...

Another hint, walleye love lures that looks like a minnow... hence the most popular would be, bottom bouncers with crawlerharness with a long worm that does pass for a group of minnows following each other... colors/size of the spinner are very critical and again not giving that one away.

There's a few more variables but those shall remain a secret... you can bet those walleye pros at the seminars will keep it a secret too. It's all in the trial and error of being a walleye fisherman.
[signature]
what time is the class at utah lake?
[signature]
Hey predator

do you know specific times and/or cost?

Thanks Mute
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Good info Paul. As with many a good Utah posts, I printed yours and will keep it handy. With some time spent on the water I hope to zero in on the best colors for eyes. And when I do bring in a nice trophy walleye (yes, it is possible for the likes of me to catch a trophy walleye) you can bet my trophy as well as my ego will be on display for all to see here on the Utah board.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I am not sure of the times.

I have been talking with Ray S over at RMA, and will ask him the exact times. I will also ask if theres any cost involved. I believe its all free though.
[signature]
Thanks Pred. FB2 and I were palnning on doing some serious walleye fishing this year. Guess we are just going to have to attend the Provo seminar.
[signature]
Nice little clip. I need to get me one of whatever that guy is casting. Looks like it could come in handy.
[signature]
I went to this last year and learned a ton of great information. I highly recommend going, last year they had bottom bouncers and some nice home made worm harnesses for sale for a great price.
[signature]
[Smile] Hey Road, nice little clip, I like it, I seen somthing like this almost happen at the bubble up a few years ago. there was a couple of guys in a pretty small boat and another few guys close by in another boat. they were talking about lure color and some stuff, a guy in the small boat wanted to see the color of a lure a guy was using in the other boat, so he casted it over to him and when he tried to catch it he almost tipped there boat over and fell out. we all laughed. later chuck
[signature]
Hey thanks for the heads up... [Smile]
[signature]
The seminars are free. Both start at 7 p.m. They are always excellent.
[signature]
Now that would have been funny!! Not quite as funny as when I took my header into the American Fork Harbor but dang close LOL.
[signature]