Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report 3-13-04
Fished Bear Lake yesterday and only had one bite. Talked to a couple of other guys fishing near me and they were having the same luck. Fished the East side near second point in 40 to 80 feet of water. I sure wish I could figure out how to catch fish on that lake. I had one really good day up there this year, and then I have pretty much been skunked besides that. I should have known I was going to have a bad day when I put 13 dollars in gas in my car on the 13th day of the month...

There is still 15 inches of good solid ice with a couple of inches of hard snow that pretty much turns to slush by the afternoon. The edges are solid and the only trouble I had was keeping the sun off my face. Temperatures in the teens in the morning, but I will bet it was in the 40s when I left at about 12:30. Might be my last ice fishing trip of the year, but the ice should be good for a little while longer. Be prepared to hear the ice talk to you and feel it shift a little. I love fishing with my brothers when the is is cracking and moving because it scares the pants off em.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Fishdude, too bad your luck wasn't better. Some time that is just the way it goes but you need to keep moving around until you find the fish on your finder. Even though you find fish there is no guarantee they will bite but as long as you are seeing fish on the finder there is a chance that they will bite if you stay over them long enough and have the right color they want that day. Good luck on your next outing. WH2
[signature]
Up there today. We did notice open water by the marina on the west side. We went south of the rockpile. Plenty of ice and the shore was solid. My son lost a 8 - 10 pound mack in the hole. We did see fish most of the day on the finder and not alot of people to catch them. I have done the best in 40 to 50 feet. Usually the fish win.