Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 3/13 (report)
The girlfriend and I hit Bear Lake, she was jealous of my Gorge trip and was insisting that I help her get on a big fish. (the largest she had ever caught was a 1/2 lb rainbow in her life). We fished straight out from the marina in approx. 75 feet of water, dont have a fish finder yet. I got SKUNKED!!!! But she was all Smiles after catching a 2 and a 4 lb mack and had what looked like a 6-8 lber all the way to the hole before coming off. She was using a rainbow tube jig with cisco meat and soaked in anchovie salt.

Beautiful day, not many people. We drove all the way around the lake and counted no more than 15 people. We fished for 4 hours and then headed the back way through randolph and Woodruff and evanston home. Just a great day to be out.

By 9:00 am i was down to jeans and a t shirt on the ice. the air temp was in the high 40's.
[signature]
Hey polo I hit Bear lake sat. also. I hadn't had time to post till now. we fished cisco beach area there were four of us fishing. We started fishing about 8:00 left about 1:00
the only thing we caught were naps. we fished from 70'of water down to about 30'.
[signature]
Well Polo,,, lol,, this old Iceskrat is glad to hear you got SHUNKED after seeing the fish you caught a bit over a week ago at the Gorge.. Of course I'm joking tho', its great to hear your girlfriend hooked into a couple she's proud of that has raised her personal best..

Good for you two,, opps,, I mean her! [Wink]
[signature]
Hey Rob,

Just be grateful that you got skunked instead of your gf. You would have really been in the doghouse had the catching been reversed.
[signature]
good to hear you got the girl out and fishing. even better hearing that you got skunked, lol, nah just kidding.
[signature]