Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brownlee Bass Fishing ...
Hey guys,

My wife is from Weiser ... I visit alot and am thinking about doing a little Bassin in June on Brownlee. Where have you pulled some big fish out? What were some of the best artificial baits you used?
[signature]
I haven't fished Brownlee mostly because it is on the other side of the state. I know that after the spawn a lot of the guys that fish the turniments there fish plastics in 40+ feet of water.
[signature]
UTBass

As long as the water holds in Brownlee the Bass fishing is usually GREAT in june.

The fish should be just coming off the beds about then. I like to use jigs usually 1/4 oz with pumpkin, motor oil, or blue curly tails. Brownlee is full of crayfish and those Smallies love'em. We caught so many last year on Memorial weekend I got arm cramps.

Another good spot not to far away is below Swan Falls dam, but you have to have a sled to get in and out of there.

Good Luck
[signature]
Thanks! What brand of Grubs work the best? Also what about 4" senkos? They are deadly here for smallies.

Question 2 ... Largemouth on Brownlee are found where?
[signature]
I don't have a favorite brand really... I do use the berkley power grubs alot but I've had luck with many different brands. As long as the color is right and it's fished to resemble a crayfish it seems to work. I've had the best luck with motor oil and blue for whatever reason.

Also you want to make sure that you're using adequate tackle. I usually use 10 to 12 lb line with a rod and reel to match. There are some big catfish in Brownlee and they love crayfish too.[laugh]

As far as Largemouth I've never fished for them much there. I know that there are some in Brownlee but the smallies are much more numerous. They few that I have caught have been in the backs of the coves.

George
[signature]
Thanks for the information! I am looking forward to fishing up there. Maybe we can hook-up when I arrive. You down for a little fishing?
[signature]
I'm ALWAYS down for wetting a hook [Wink]

Look me up before you make the trip maybe we can put something together.
[signature]
If you could ... PM me with your contact info and I will do the same. out.
[signature]