Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Busted this Morning
[#0000ff][size 1]I was crusing to work this morning fjamming out to Pink Floyd "The Wall" and a highway patrolman pulls in behind me lights come on I check my speed and I'm doing about 5 miles an hour over the speed limit. But as all this is going on a big SUV goes screaming past me probably doing 15-20 mioles over the limit. This guy has his sights set on me, so I think I'm busted. Now the CD is still playing "Comfortably numb" and the big jam at the end of the song is just starting. The guy walks up to the window and starts to listen tells me to turn it up a bit, the jam fisishes and he say thanks for making his day. Seems he's a big "Floyd" fan and has been dying for some good tunes. I asked why he pulled me over and its because I was 5 over the limit, I told that I was traveling with the flow of traffic,b ut I was doing just a little better than flow. I askewd him about the big SUV that went blazing past just as he pulled in behind me and he said I cvouldn't have caught him. What a crock, busting someone for going just barely over the limit and letting the speeders get away! Man I was initially very pissed off, but when he let me go I was one happy camper.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Justice prevaled: about 10 minutes later I passed that SUV with 2 cops behind him and he got busted![/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]So this morning it was the [#ff80c0]"Luck of the Floyd"[/#ff80c0] that got me off! In more ways than one!!!!![/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
It's always good to hear of good stories with happy endings. I'm glad that there are still some Floyd fans still out there. I play alot of their music as well. CD and on my guitars.
[signature]
Been listening to them for 25 years I see no reason to stop now!
[signature]
I knew some good could come from listining to Pink Floyd!!! I love that cd! Man, them cops are a bunch of nutters. I've always been told there's a 5 mph grace limit they go by. I guess thats wrong. And going after you with that other guy going so fast. Whats up with that?
[signature]
Good Story, did you know the Aussy pink floyd concert is this thursday in SLC? Listen to 103.5 and they have tickets and all the information. Good thing you were not ticketed, more money for fishing supplies.
[signature]
As far as nutters go I agree there are some nutter cops out there but the rest of us aren't too bad. As far as the 5mph grace speed goes that was something made up a long time ago by some idiot that got stopped and had to have a good excuse to make himself feel better. It's funny how many people judge cops when they have no idea what it's like being in their shoes.
[signature]
I know. Not all of em are bad. I've actually met a few that were really nice. Just the couple I've really met were, lets just say diffrent. I'll have to tell my mom about the speed. She's the one who taught me that it was all right to go within 5 mph of the speed limit. I'll just stop doing that now.
[signature]
I always figured if you are following the flow of traffic and not impeeding it you should be ok, right? And if you are blazing thru ntraffic and constantly changing lanes you would be considered to be creating an unsafe driving environment, then you should be busted.

Most cops I've met have been OK, and once in a while you get one of the different ones.

A few years ago I was riding with my wife driving, we were on our way home after my knee surgery, I was all drugged up and generally not liking the travel and very cranky. Well she gets pulled over for speeding and the cop wants everyone out of the car. Why I've got no clue. But it was the way he said it, not asking but demanding. I'm in NO mood for this crap and I let off a verbal assalt that has my wife blushing and wide mouthed, I can still hear her "Oh my god" comment. Now the cop is just about to yank me out of the car when he notices my leg up in a brace. He pulls my wife away from the car and wanmts to know whats up with me. She tells him the story of the surgery and stuff and lets us go with a warning.

My wife thought I was toast and going to jail, I didn't care one lick. I didn't feel well, I was drugged up, and not compfy in the car. I wanted to be home, in bed and asleep.

another lucky break for me (ha ha...I was coming off a surgerically broken leg, man that was painful, even thinking about it is painful.
[signature]
I am glad that floyd saved you.
[signature]
Good thang the cops didn't get a whiff of something green... usually associated with Floyd's concerts. Beleive me I've been a huge fan of Pink Floyd for years and years and The Wall is my second favorite and the all time favorite would be The Dark Side of the Moon. Ohhhhhh ahhhhh that's sooo smooth and itself alone is enough to make your mind wander forever...
[signature]
Yeap! Floyd fan here also[cool],that cop must have been really hard up for a ticket to pull somebody over for only 5 miles over the speed limit[Tongue]. But anyway I'm glad Floyd saved the day!............[shocked]THE LUNATIC IS ON THE GRASS[shocked]..............
[signature]
The Dark side is an awesome CD and an all time favorite. I can get lost in it on my way to my favorite fishing places. Its best late at night half crocked and all the lights out and the stereo cranked!
[signature]
TIBBZZ: In my case sometimes the lunatic is behind the wheel!
[signature]
If you're only five over the speed limit, don't argue just let him cite you. I think the judge will throw the ticket out. I'm almost certain there is 5mph grace. A Salt Lake PD officer told me this. Arguing with the cop will get you and additional citation, though. Keep in mind, some of the mean ones interpret mere explanation as arguing. Five over the limit, that's ridiculous!!
[signature]
Nice choice in music. I went the Vegas concert when he got out of the loony bin. It's amazing I even remember half of it.
[signature]
i always say, its better to be lucky than good.
[signature]
Yeahh, Floyd is good tunes. I wouldn't test the 5 mph over grace theory, especially on base. I got pulled over Sunday Night: 5 over = $75.00 fine.
[signature]
As far as the 5 or 10 over the speed limit I think it just up to the cop him self. I've been stoped for 8 over with just a warning and ticketed with 5 over. some.

As for pink floyd music Animals is the CD for me. glad to see you didn't get the ticket. later chuck
[signature]
Hey at least you got stopped for a reason!I have been pulled over a couple of times because of the way i look![pirate] Then harrased and not even ticketed because they couldnt get nothing on me! Well at least you didnt get ticketed.
[signature]
I've gotten pulled over just for the way I look too, but thats just because I'm big and ugly!

I hear ya ocean, its not fair to pull someone over because of their ethnic background. If I were a cop I'd give most people of color the benefit of doubt while nailing the redneck who thinks he is better than the rest of us (just kidding about the redneck thing).

We don't want anyone upset here. This is all Tongue and cheek...I beat myself up more that anyone else.
[signature]