Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEAR LAKE FISHING AND ICE CONDITON REPORT
Updated Wednesday, March 24, 2004. Bear Lake remains totally ice covered. The ice along the west shoreline is pulling away from the shore and you now have to wade about 10 feet offshore with waders in order to access the ice. Some anglers were still on the ice today. Along the east shoreline there is access to the ice without wading though water. Once on the ice the anglers are reporting ice thickness as 10-15", but the top 4-5" is becoming rotten. We urge anglers to use extreme caution and to access the ice at your own risk. The nighttime temperatures have been in the 20-30's with daytime highs near 60 degrees. Ice conditions can deteriorate quickly and it is impossible to predict whether any fishable ice will be left by the coming weekend. We have not heard any fishing reports this week, however, anglers were catching some cutthroat and lake trout along the east side shoreline as of last week Friday using tube jigs tipped with cisco or sucker meat. Snow along the entire shoreline is almost all melted. Construction of additional boat ramps at the Utah State Park marina is now way. Once the ice comes off the lake the old ramps will be available for launching boats while the new ramps are being completed.
[signature]
thanks for the update on bearlake i'm looking forward to fishing it this summer. thanks trfishin
[signature]
THANKS FOR THE REPORT.. KEEP THEM COMING LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING OUT ON BEAR LAKE AND DOING SOME FISHING THIS YEAR. WE COME AND CAMP AT BEAVER MTN. FOR MEMORIAL WEEKEND SO I ALWAYS LIKE TO TAKE A DAY AND COME OVER AND FISH. KEEP US POSTED.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#0000ff]"Thanks for the Report", I opened up the BFT web page in hopes of finding out what the lake conditions were like on the Bear, Lone behold you had posted the very info I was needing. "Nice job" Thanks Bear lake Fish Guy! [Smile][Smile][/#0000ff][/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. anxious to get the boat out on it