Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo River 3-27-04
Went to the Provo above Deer Creek today from 8 till 1. The fishing was slow but I did find a few spots with fish and ended up with 8 bows 10-17". As much as I love ice fishing it was great to have the feel of a fly rod in my hand and I could fish wherever I wanted without drilling a hole first!

FM
[signature]
Thanks for the report, it sounds like your day turned out good. Were there any other fisherman around the same area? WH2
[signature]

There were only two that were anywhere near us while we were fishing but there were four more that showed up as we were leaving.

FM
[signature]
Did the bows look good ? Last year they had a fungus or something on them when I hit it last spring .
[signature]
Yeah they looked ok. Some were in their dark spawning colors and probably wouldn't taste good but they didn't have any fungus or sores that I could see.

FM
[signature]
When i took my first cast this spring into open water it took me a second to rationalizd the process. I felt something was missing. But then i realized it was open water and the process of cutting a hole need not apply!!!
[signature]
Thanks for the report. What were you using?
[signature]
I tried several different nymphs but a glow bug or bead egg is the best. A good old fashioned wolly worm with a red yarn tail works good as well.

FM
[signature]