Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Pond, 106th south and Jordan River.
Well, I was "sick" yesterday, so I convinced Ronda to go fishing all day long. We started out at the 106th south ponds. Notta bite in the 2 hours we fished there. After that, we fished the Jordan for some eye's right behind there. She managed to get a really good one, about 18", I had one break me off. That was it. So, we decided to go over to Willow to see if it was any good there. We started at about 10. Right off, I caught and released 6 bass on a mini floating rapala. Then, a big brookie came up and slammed it! He was right about 20". We sat at one of the inlets for the rest of the day, pretty much, catching rainbow after rainbow, with a few good brookies mixed in. She probly caught 25 or 30 bows, plus she broke off a 6 pound channel. I caught 15-20. She was smokin me again! The key was to fish light line(4pd line) and have a half a worm and salmon eggs out. The fish were picking it up and running towards the water. It was one beautiful day out on the water! Better than school any day!
[signature]
Good Job JK Smile bait seems to be the key now out there. Where on the pond were you? That sure was a nice Brookie getting rarer to see them now adays. They have been effectively culled out Sad
[signature]
Yeah, bait worked killer on them this time. Them brookies were few and far between. I think most of em have died off. There were quite a few dead brookies by the shore. I can't see why they planted them to begin with. Wouldn't browns make more sense? They can actually tollorate the warm water.

We were fishing the inlet just to the south of the big trees. I'm pretty sure it was the middle one. There were a ton of trout crusing right there.
[signature]
Nice fish count! I still haven't fished willowpond . Did they just stock it recently?
[signature]
So that's why there were no bass cruising yesterday when I went to willow to sight fish them. I spooked one and no other bass appeared at all. The rainbows were practically boiling like wipers but would hardly touch anything at all. Tried flies, the jakes, and bait but only caught two on the jakes. Saw one brookie. Likely my last brookie from that pond this year was caught last Thursday. It was about 18". This 20incher is not surprising since about 3 weeks ago there were three or four different batches of brood stock brooks dumped in there. We caught numerous brookies right after they dumped them all 2-5 lbs, most were ugly with no fins. But still a big brookie anyway. These rainbows now seem tiny since for weeks now it has been just giant brookies.
[signature]
i believe it eas stocked on the 20th but not 100% on that
[signature]
The monday a week before this monday it was loaded with like 2400 bows. That day they hit anything thrown into the water.
[signature]