Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua report 3-30
We fished Mantua for three hours today and only got 1 trout on a spoon. Real slow day for everyone fishing. I don't think it has warmed up enough yet to get them real active. Most fish were suspended in the 7 to 10 foot depth range. I thought we could get into the bluegills and bass in the shallows, but couldn't see or find any action there. My boat motor quit on me and without a trolling motor we had to row the boat across the lake to the ramp. My son parked his truck and the boat trailer next to the new restrooms in the car parking area instead of going to the trailer parking area. When I went to get the truck there was a Mantua city policeman stopped there and asked me if I knew we were illegally parked across the yellow painted parking stalls. He gave me a butt-chewing but no citation which would have been $50. The moral is have a backup motor with you and don't park your trailer next to the new restroom. Acey
[signature]
Sounds like you might have ran into Deputy Duffy as we affectionately call him.
[signature]
I never knew his name but that probably fits him. I take it you or a friend has had a butt-chewing or run-in from Deputy Duffy too. Let's hear your story. I can always use a good laugh. What misfortunes have others had they want to share? Acey
[signature]
A friend of mine was fishing up there and when he was leaving he sat at a stop sign for longer than you are supposed to, he was making sure all the kids were buckled and ready to go. When Deputy Duffy pulled him over and told him he had sat at the stop sign to long. He didn't ticket him, but I had never heard of sitting at a stop sign for a few seconds longer than you are supposed to.We always do exactly the speed limit when we are going through there, to Hyrum. We always see him with someone pulled over.
[signature]
Icefool- there was a guy from the Mantua irrigation company in the store today and I asked him about Deputy Duffy. He laughed and said I was the second person today to complain to him about the police officer and his mannerisms toward people. It sounds like Duffy needs to have an attitude adjustment and treat people with a little more courtesy and respect. Maybe my comments will get back to the people in the Mantua town leadership and they will rein in their deputy. We can only hope. Acey
[signature]
Hi, after reading these articles about bozo cop I had to take the time to sign up as a member so that I could vent also. It was a few years ago that I was comming home from work Ogden to Logan. There he was by the little shed on the side of the road as usual. He pulled out just as I went by, I thought he was after me for some unknown reason. I moved over to the right lane. He pulled up along side of me and rolled his window down. I did the same. He started swearing at me telling me to get out of his way. I couldn't belive it. Did he think I was a teenager or somthing? He proceeded ahead and pulled someone over. It made me so mad that I called to find out when the next city council meeting was. I was determined to go tell the city council how they were being represented. For some reason I chickend out or my emotions cooled off. Somthing needs to be done. I am going to print this board and mail it in to the city council. I am a model citizen, an eagle scout. I understand what Citizenship in the community is, and this is not it. Policemen are suposed to be there to help the good people not push them arround with uncontrolled authority. This is unacceptale behavior. I love to fish Mantua. Its a great place to take my kids for some good action. I cant wait for the water to get warmer there. I will be taking my son to Pelican this Tues and Wed. I will let you know how it works out. The new guy. Peace out.
[signature]
Hey, welcome aboard drinkbottom. I personally haven't run into this dude yet, but it's only a matter of time. I'm looking forward to your pelican report.
[signature]
Welcome aboard. I am also looking forward to your pelican report. I am heading up that way in May for camping and fishing.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Welcome to the site, DRINKBOTTOM! Yes, Mantua has quite the reputation as a speed trap. Robo-cop had quite a lot of fun generating city revenues when there used to be a 5 mph change on the highway from 65 to 60 mph. You'd come tooling down the hill off the summit towards Brigham doing 65 and hit Mantua a POP! A ticket for 5 mph over! My advice to anyone traveling through Sardine Canyon is DON"T GO OVER THE SPEED LIMIT NEAR OR THROUGH MANTUA.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We were ice fishing Mantua this last winter and I was taking the snowmobile up the road from where the vehicle was parked to the access trail by the inlet. Mantua's finest came idling by and I waved to be friendly and I got a dirty look for my efforts. The guy is not a very good represenitive for his city but he can rake in the dough.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[/email][unsure][pirate] Robo got me driving from work to logan . He was very rude. I drive by him every day on my way to work and back. He has a huge problem with his power. I would love to do something about it. So if any one ever gets in a tasle with Robo remember there thousands of us that would back you up.

mike

[email]
[signature]