Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
teaching kids the rules of fishing
Boy I tell you I have a major gripe. I had my grandkids at a local fishing spot. There were alot of people fishing in our area. When here comes along some BASS fisherman. They start casting right where we were trying to fish and in the area where alot of other fisherman were fishing. You know I have been trying to teach these kids good fishing practices and what they were doing was really making me mad. I know they were trying to do it on purpose so we would leave so they could have our spot.I just think that grown men would realize these are future fisherman and treat them with respect. I was pretty mad when we left.
[signature]
Thats Sad what jerks!!
[signature]
Time to teach your kids how to use wrist rockets I think... I hate those self-centered, egotistical jerks that think the guy with the biggest boat or the most expensive boat owns the water.
[signature]
As a matter of fact my son had his wrist rocket in the car. But I told him that we are not that kind of people. He said he sure wished we were.
[signature]
At least you had a prime example to teach your grand kids what not to do.. I have had a few run ins with people just like this. I applaud your "turning of the other cheek".. I know how hard it is not to give the inconsiderate people a piece of your mind. I usually just tell myself they'll get there's, what comes around goes around. Where was it you were fishing if you don't mind me asking?
[signature]
Mabey pond.It is a great spot to take the kids for some after school fishing. There are bass, bluegill,crappie and I have heard cats, haven't seen one yet.They really enjoy going there and I will continue to take them there no matter who does what.
[signature]
Hey icefool, just tell those guys that you saw some big ones behind that lady's house. The one with the boats in her back yard. Then those guys will go fish in her back yard, and I don't think she'll have a problem calling the cops on them. It's a thought.
[signature]
I TEND TO BE ONE OF THOSE GUYS THAT MAKES SURE "IT COMES AROUND" LIKE ILL CAST BACK....OR JUST SHOUT OUT NICELY THAT THERE ARE OTHERS FISHING AROUND THAT PLACE AND COULD THEY PLEASE WATCH THEIR CASTING....OF COURSE I AM ALSO THE GUY THAT SAYS LOUDLY IN THE GROCERY STORE "HOW LONG IS THAT KID GONNA CRY?" TO NOONE IN PARTICULAR, I JUST THINK THERE ARE CERTAIN CIVIL ACTIONS THAT SHOULD BE PRACTICED BY EVERYONE, AND THE RIGHT TO HAVE ROOM TO FISH IS ONE OF EM, IF YOU CAST OVER MY LINE I WILL QUICKLY REEL UP AND CUT YOU OFF, LITTERALLY. I AM NOT ASHAMED TO LET SOMONE KNOW WHEN THEY ARE ACTING STUPID, AND I ONLY HOPE IN RETURN THAT SOMEONE WILL LET ME KNOW TOO IF I DO ANY OF THOSE KINDS OF THINGS. THEY CALL IT SOCIAL SKILLS FOR A REASON, AND UNFORTUNATLEY THERE ARE A TON OF PEOPLE OUT THERE WITH NO SKILL AT ALL.....THEY JUST NEED A MENTOR IN MY BOOK AND I WILL BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO TELL THEM THEY NEED ONE.

MY BUCK 45. OUT OF A SLINGSHOT.

LATERS,
[signature]
Hey mateo, When I was over there the other day one of that ladys kids had that boat out on the water with an electric motor on it. Well that is a no-no. When I ws there yesterday all of her boats were gone. I wonder if something was said about the boats.We haven't got anything out of there since that storm hit last weekend.
[signature]
That's funny about the boats. Maybe she figured out that she had to walk the walk.

We did pretty well there last weekend. My son caught a nice bass on a worm under a bobber on friday. Saturday morning, I caught 2 on worms on the bottom. Structure seemed to be the key. We both caught them while standing by the western "no tresspassing" sign, and casting toward the willows by the shore. Some guys were catching some bass toward the eastern edge, next to that strip mall or whatever it is, using some sort of spinner worm.

I'm afraid that until it gets a little more consistently warm, I might have to concentrate more on trout. Bummer.
[signature]
We got alot of crappie out of there last week fishing out from that pump and there were alot of bluegill sitting right in there by that pump structure.I saw some bass being caught over by the office buildings also.And my grandson got a bass casting over by those willows. I also got a bass on my crappie jig right in there.
[signature]
So the crappie are over more toward the youth center? It looked a bit deeper there. I might have to give it another shot this week. I've had jobs around the house to get done this week, plus parent teacher conferences. Getting the motorhome ready is a big priority right now too. Luckily the pond is so close to my house. I might have to take the kids tomorrow after school, if the weather's not too bad.
[signature]
LOL, I believe this type situation as gone on as long as fishin itself has existed. Sadly its apparent those bass pro's seem to think if the kids and their folks are fishing there it must be where the fish are.. To mean that say little for their talent as fishermen, or social skill as human's. It also cause me to wonder if the folks raised them to act that way. Sadly though, to may people arent taught to treat others with respect and they simply try and take what they want, when they want it. Well I have to say that this old loud mouth (like others) will make it know in no uncertain terms that their stepping on my toe's by getting to close. Whats more, I had no problem in teaching children, and now my grand children, that respect from others is something you often have to demand whether on a shoreline or otherwise.

Last Aug. at the Berry my grandson (now nearly 4) and I were fishing. Well the situation of a boat pulling up and dropping ancor took place. After they tangled his line I mentioned they were a tad to close. Well needless to say words were exchanged. After an hour I invited my grandson to "toss a few great big rocks in the water while old grandpa picked up our gear". The phase "your an @ssho!e" was mention from the boat and I was quick to respond with "And damn proud of it!". Of course at my grandson's age he didnt realize the out come of those big wocks pounding the water. [Wink]
[signature]
That is too funny. But a very good idea.I will keep it in mind for the next time I am in that situation.
[signature]
Good idea. Standard equipment on any boat should include a few good basketball sized rocks to toss over and ruin the spot when someone encroaches like that. lol [Tongue][cool]
[signature]
I caught a guy whow was trolling right in front of us one time. Up at smith and morehouse, there were about 10 of us crowded on the bank, and these guys in a little aluminum kept trolling back and forth right in front of us. I was all set to cast out when the were passing by again, and I cast out and caught one of their lines. I reeled in, cut their line off, and they left. Problem solved.

Luckily most people seem to respect the space of others. Floatation certainly helps get away from people, but it's tough when you have kids. There's only so much shoreline, especially during high water years(remember those?).
[signature]