Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CABELAS!!!
O.K. folks, I just got off the phone with one of my sources.

Cabelas is supposed to make a major announcement this week concerning us OOTAH hillbillies.

Cross yer fengers and hope fer thu best.

walleyebob
[signature]
I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that we are going to get a new place to spend our fishing bucks, and high time in my opinion, the more competition the tighter the prices have to be in the valley as a whole, you know, competing for our fishing money, I love the catologs that I get but the shipping sometimes makes me just go and buy it somewhere elce, It would be awsome to wander in a cabellas store. I'll bet you that it will be in lehi, from there you go from the store in any direction and you run into a lake eventualy, or stand in the parking lot and cast into the utah lake. When the fish arent biting at utah lake just walk to the cabellas and buy new lures, how could that be bad[cool]

Line Dropper
[signature]
Sure hope they come,won't have to pay shipping any more,just got my new fishfinder,boat cover,And marine radio from them.Sportswarehouse didn't have what I wanted,and were not interested in ordering it(unless I gave them 1/3 down or some such thing)[unimpressed]
[signature]
Won't have to pay shipping and won't have to wait, but we will have to pay sales tax. And that's more than shipping.
Getting stuff without the wait may be worth the extra money. And getting to wander around and look at stuff for hours and hours will be fun.

walleyebob
[signature]
[:/]i like cabelas and have been to the sidney nebraska stores four times. the store is great and some good buys to but i am kind of scared that a lot of business will be hurt by cabelas coming into the area. i sometimes order things from cabelas but a lot of things that i need and use they often don't have. that's why i like to go to sportsmens warehouse, hooked fishing tackle, and smith and edwards they seem to be able to carry a lot of the things that we all like to use. you won't be able to get any boogers at cabelas, still just at hooked fishing tackle in kaysville. good luck fishing trfishin
[signature]
I for one am not into driving very far to get my fishing gear.I heard that if they do open one it will be down by the point of the mountain. I think that if we all still get alot of our gear at Hooked they will be fine. Besides where else do you get the good one on one sevice that Hooked gives you.I also freguent Sportsmans.
[signature]
It sure would be a nice addition to the other stores around here, but I have to agree with icefool. It's hard to beat the "home" atmosphere over at hooked. I'd go down on occasion to buy stuff there, but the drive is a little bit of a deterrant when hoooked and Sportsmans are so close.
[signature]
I'm sure you'll post and let us know when you find out right? I don't mind seeing a Cabelas out here. I wish it would be up north though. Bass Pro is opening a store in Vegas, and So. Cal. next spring I think. Its on about page 3 of their new catalog.
[signature]
I called and ordered Lindy's Buoy Markers from Cabelas, and I had a long interesting conversation with one of the representatives, and I got the underlying feel from her that she did know something about Utah, she did say that Cabelas did a survey of its buyers, and they noticed that Utah leads with buyers per capita, and she said that they need a store in Utah. I stressed the point that they need to come here because they would profit handsomely on that point alone. I told her that people drive from all over to see their stores back east, and I see the same thing here in Utah as people from all over the western USA would come and visit as if it was a holy shrine.

She agreed, and she accidently said this " Don't worry, we will come!" Oops a slip of her Tongue! Ha ha
[signature]

I can’t figure out why Cabelas would want to locate a store in Lehi. They usually locate their stores in a country setting next to an interstate highway exit. Ten years ago Lehi was considered a country setting, but today it is quickly becoming another highly overdeveloped, traffic congested mess along the Wasatch Front. I think the site by the Flying J at the Willard Bay exit would be a better setting for one of the world’s greatest outdoors stores. “And of course I live in Layton and the Willard location would save me that ugly commute thru Salt Lake.” Bottom line I’m excited about the thoughts of a Cabela’s in Utah. I just hope they locate it in a country setting.

Life is a dream when you’re fishing![cool]
[signature]
Have you ever been to Traverse Mountian by lehi? It's pretty much a country setting... they are selling the land there in huge parcels right in where the deer and the elk roams through. Definitely country and rural type setting.
[signature]
Yep it's almost a sure thing..............................
[signature]
Any word yet on the possible Utah location? Has the announcement been made?
[signature]
It would be at Traverse Mountain in Lehi.

If they don't come, Bass Pro Shops may come to Lehi near Thanksgiving Point instead.
[signature]
Here is an [#001804][size 1]article[/size][/#001804] on it from the 1st part of last month.

[url "http://www.newutah.com/article.php?sid=12536&mode=thread&order=0"]http://www.newutah.com/article.php?sid=12536&mode=thread&order=0[/url]

"I'll not confirm that they're coming here, I'll confirm we're in negotiations with them," said Richard Rozier, senior vice president of Traverse Mountain
[signature]
Sorry, my question didn't come across how I intended for it to. I knew where it would be if they come to Utah. I was mainly wondering if they had made their big announcement yet this week. I have not been able to find any mention of it an announcement this week other than on this board.
[signature]
Boy do I know what I'm talking about. To me, the Lehi location just set right, Its right between provo and salt lake and near fishing waters and hunting hills. I for one will be kicked out of there for loitering, and be one of the first to loose a good wife because I just cant stop spending there. Hey theres a new post name "Soon to be Single", I'ts kind o cool

Thanks, Line Dropper
[signature]
hey linedropper cabelas does not kick people out for loitering until you have been in the store for a week with out buying anything, and then I think it's more of a go home and shower thing(LOL), cabelas will let you camp in the parking lot over night, and I think they have hookups at some of their stores.
[signature]
COOL, I like a challenge, Look for my picture on the news ( I'll be the guy in handcuffs)[cool], with fishin lures hanging from my nose. They don't want them back after theyve been there,

All kidding asside, where is the alpine highway, is it the main drag going in front of micron
[signature]
[Smile][Smile] I only have a couple of words fOR this

I CAN'T WAIT

later chuck
[signature]