Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend Best FlyFish from Flaming Gorge to Las Vegas
Hi

Well, here's a wide open topic for discussion:

I will be traveling from Flaming Gorge to Las Vegas by car in a few weeks, and am looking for the best fly fishing along the way. Route isn't as important as good fishin' so I expect to meander a bit on my way

Ideally, there would be camping nearby the rivers, and of course loads of monster trout in the rivers. ;-) So far, Scofield and Fremont SP seem like good possibilities. Anyone have any thoughts on these or other possibilities?

What's yer favorite on that route?

robert
[signature]
Robert,

Try the Duschene River and Strawberry River near the town of Duschene. I've had some pretty good fish days on these to rivers.

John
[signature]
IF YOU COME INTO UTAH ON THE I-80 THROUGH EVANSTON WY, YOU SHOULD HIT THE UINTAH MOUNTAINS FOR A WHILE, TAKE I-80 WEST TO THE JUNCTION OF HIWAY 40, GO SOUTH FOR ABOUT....5 MILES....MAYBE. LOOK FOR THE SIGN THAT SAYS KAMAS, TAKE THAT EXIT, TURN LEFT HEADED EAST AGAIN, DRIVE EAST TILL YOU GET TO KAMAS, TURN LEFT, LOOK FOR SIGN ON RIGHT THAT SAYS, MIRROR LAKE HIGHWAY...TAKE THAT ALL THE WAY UP, THERE ARE MANY SMALL LAKES AND STREAMS IN THE AREA, IF YOU GET UP TO TRIAL OR MIRROR LAKES, YOU CAN FLY FISH FOR ARCTIC GRAYLING, AND TROUT, I HAVE EVEN CAUGHT GOLDEN TROUT IN TRIAL LAKE, ALONG WITH RAINBOWS AND GRAYLING, YOU CAN USE A TUBE BUT YOU BETTER STOP OFF IN KAMAS AND GET YOUR FISHING LICENSE FOR UTAH, THERE IS NO SERVICES UP THE CANYON. HOPE THATS SOME INFO THAT HELPS.

LATERS,
[signature]
Nothing beats the Green. Spend a little and buy a guided float trip and you will never regret it. World class cuts, bows, browns. Best Fly fishing around.
[signature]
I agree with Dan. Spend all your fishing time on the Green right below the FG dam. Then drive non-stop to Vegas.
Fish the Green then drive down to San Juan and over to Lee's Ferry or straight to Vegas. Those are the places for big trout. Try Strawberry and Provo if you want to go that route but after the Green.
[signature]