Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jordan 4-3
I went down there earlier to just get out of the house. At first I just drowned a couple of worms, and I got a sucker off of that. When I was just about ready to go, I put on a jig and caught a 18" walleye. Man, it was nice! Pretty decent trip.
I guess it mighta helped if I coulda got the right date. Man, I'm loosin it!
[signature]
Nice fish! I was in that area this evening (4/4) for about 3 hours and not a bite.

I fished about 2400 South on the East Side of the river near the inlet from the water treatment plant

and behind Larry Millers Parts Warehouse. The access was great I was able to take my truck right down to the water

edge. But not a bite using crawlers or suckers. Is there any particular structure

bends in the river or anything that can aid one in locating fish (specifically channels) on the Jordan?
[signature]
Sorry it didn't work for you. I don't think the channels were biting today. It was really slow fishing. I think the wind screwed up the bite last night. Also, last year they started up really good after the middle of april. All the channels I've caught have been right in that stretch of water. Look for drop offs, eddies and places where the water sort of curls upwards. They usually go right in those areas and eat. Hope this helps!
[signature]
I hear sucker meat is great...and I understand that your supposed to scale them to use em...but is there a particular spot to cut the meat from em to make em better? How do you hook em up? I'm clueless on this...help!
[signature]
you dont have to scale them just take any scales that may have gotten stuck on your hook point off. also it doesnt matter what part of the sucker you use it all works. just cut it up in chunks. i like to use the guts first. it seems to work the best.

JOe
[signature]
Hey JK15,
I fished the Jordan friday night in the wind and it sucked. I started using a 1/4 oz. sliding sinker, but that obviously wasn't enough as my bait drifted down stream and snagged up in moss. Put on another 1/4 oz. and the same thing happened. Then I got blown off the river, so I said screw it. How much freakin weight do you have to use to keep your bait on the bottom in one spot? I was fishing under the bridge at 39th south.
[signature]
I tried the Jordan river near the water treatment plant and didn't catch a thing. Looked like a great spot. I used worms and also minnows. No bites...nada! So where are these spots that everyone catches fish from around there?
[signature]
Hey, how do you rig up the guts? Is there a particular thing that you use first? All of them? Chunks of them? I'm normally a flyfish only...but i love catching cats...and I want some big ones!

Thanks
[signature]
It might be a little turbid in that spot. Where I fish it I only need a single split shot to get to bottom, if that. The water gets really slack. Its probly the reason why.
[signature]
I also fished the Jordan friday and got a 17" catfish ,the wind sucked but the fish were still biteing. Find some slack water ,theres a good spot in between 33& 39S. just park on 3900S. and walk north on the trail you can't miss it it is a huge pool that sits and churns in a circle off of the main currant. you'll still need at least a 1/2 ounce sliding sinker. I've caught walleye in this hole also...[Wink]
[signature]
Yep nice walleye, I've never caught as many walleye as I have this year so far out of the Jordan River ,sounds like your doing just as good if not better.I think the walleye in the Jordan this year must be doing pretty good, it seems like there's very high numbers this year.
[signature]
[cool]Hey TIBBZZ, thanks for the tips. When you said walk along to trail northbound off of 39th S. did you mean on the east side of the river by RiverRun Condos or did you mean walk on the west side where they just replanted all that vegitation?
[signature]
Maybe this year more walleye have ended up in the Jordan from Utah Lake trying to escape the heat since with such low water, the temps in the main lake might have gotten just a little too uncomfortable last summer for them.
[signature]
Yeah the east side. take that big dirt trail that you see all the mountain bikers on. The hole is just north of those condos you can see the condos from the hole.
[signature]