Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scofeild 4/3/04 report
fished scofeild today 4/3 the ice is off the shore about 50 yards all the way around the lake we fished some private ground i have access to on the west side of the lake near scofeild west. the fish are hungry 4 of us took 16 2+ pounders home to put in my smoker. we let go about as many smaller trout all big colorful rainbows and native cuts. we were there for maybe 2 hours before limiting on nice fish. fished a crawler small split shot on the bottom in about 4 feet of water. there was several tubers in the section along the west beach and lots of fish being taken. the fish were just rolling along the shoreline its a great time of year to be fishing i love ice off conditions i seem to catch my biggest fish this time of year. come on strawberry break loose baby im hungry to hit the ladders ice off. ps anyone got ice conditions there at the ladders cant wait for just a little open water there.

Big Jim
[signature]
heres part of a resent report about the ladders

[size 1]got to the berry at around 6:30. we fished the open water over by the ladders. i used red sided shiners and did not catch a thing so i put on a rainbow color 5 inch tube and made a few casts. on the second cast bam i had a hit. jigged it once and then bam again it was on. she immediately started rolling and it was difficult to move her. at first i thought it was stuck in some sage brush. i only had six pound test on so it was a real fight. i finally got it moving and about 5 to 10 minutes later i had my finger hooked through her gill plate. it was a 24 inch massive rainbow trout. it weighed at least 6 pounds[/size]

[size 1]see tread [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=121143;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]an awesome last fishin trip. [/url] by jr8fish[/size]
[signature]
How easy is the access on the east shore line? I would like to take my great grandfather out fishing and he loves Scofield or Red Creek Reservoir. Is the ice off enough on the east side so I could get him into some fish? If not the east side how about the west side on the beach area? I am looking for easy access and didn't know if we had a lot of mud or what the edges were looking like. We usually hit one of the east side slopes where we can drive him down in a truck to the edge. Any advice on current conditions would be great.
[signature]
ya east side is got open water i dont know why you would want to walk him down those rocks though. the west side is great and a easy walk for someone long in the tooth like your grandfather.
[signature]