Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey Res.
Any word on how Causey Res is doing?? I just may end up hitting Causey tomorrow. Just curious if anything ice has hit it yet since the ice is gone.

James[reply]
[signature]
I took a hike around Causey on Sat. There was no ice left. The water was off colored due to the runnoff. I did not fish, but I saw a few trying it. I am not sure how the were doing.
[signature]
how full is the resivor
[signature]
How much does runoff usually effect fishing?? I'm guessing it's worse???
[signature]
fishing run off is fun go to the back and fish where the rivers come in for some fast splake and cutthroat action
[signature]
It looks like it has come up some since I was there in December, but it is still at least 50ft.(guess) below the high water mark
[signature]
Years ago when there was an opening day, we use to go back into the right hand fork and fish twenty or thirty yards from where the inlet starts. Opening day was the end of May and the water was normally muddy, the catching was always good though, using nightcrawlers. Trolling is not very productive when it is muddy but bait fishing is usually good. WH2
[signature]
I fished it Sunday.. Water is still fairly low. Everyone was fishing by the boy scout inlet. The water was very clear but got murky towards the dam. Caught small splake, just like ice fishing. Fun day, lots of sun, surface activity was picking up from previous weekend.
[signature]
I ended up going yesterday morning. Fished from about 7:30am till 10:45am or so. I caught one some splake about 6" or so. Buddy caught one also, which was around 8"-9". Far from anything special. Both fish were caught on popgear, with I believe an Apex lure on the end, tipped with a worm.
[signature]