Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer creek 4-5-04
[Sad] the water temp at start 11:00am 50, temp at finish 56, the fishing was slow, no walleye just some trout. we marked some fish and I know they were walleye just because of location and depth, no biters. the boat ramp is still at the edge of the water, we launched on the west side of the island resort ramp. the wind came up pretty strong at about 1:00pm and then the rain came and came some more and more wind. we left at about 5:00pm. later chuck
[signature]
Thanks for the report Chuck, I'm guessing you tried jigs, what color were you using? Did you try any cranks? WH2
[signature]
Hey Curt, we tried alot of stuff, lindy rigs, jigs, cranks, shallow, deep. this just goes to prove that the length of the day rules over the water temp.

later chuck
[signature]
Hey Clifie, hows it going ?? well I'm getting around real good now, my doc said to walk without my walking sticks so I've been doing that for the last 4 days. he also wants me to ride a bike but I can't bend my knee far enough yet. if I stand up and pedal I can do that but it hurts and I'm doing it though. I still take some pain pills only if I've been up and around too much. I'll be going back to work the first part of May, I'm kinda getting use of this not working stuff, I think I like it. later chuck
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]Hey Chuck, I had to rehad my knee three times. Try this, just rock back and forth(forward and backward). The scar tissue will start loosen up, and before you know it. You will be peddling pain free. Just keep some ice packs and advil around. Pain doesn't keep you from fishing, so don't let it inhibit your rehab[cool].[/size][/#800080]
[signature]
sounds like your doing allright to me, able to fish and all. keep on getting batter, and soon you will be able to teach me ho wto catch those big walleye[Wink]. glad to hear your feeling a bit better.
[signature]
Wow the water is already way too hot for this time of year.. I like to fish around 55-60 for Walleye. On the boat ramp did you have to drive out on the beach to launch or is the water up high enough for the boat ramp?
[signature]
We were on the lake on Sunday and the water temps varied from 48 degrees in the upper part of the lake where the Provo dumps in to 54 degrees in the bays around the lake - Sometime the surface temperture varied 3 to 4 degrees from main lake to the bays.

There was alot of logs & sticks floating and the water clarity was low - sort of a brown color. We caught a couple of trout and lost one big fish that didn't want to come to the boat - maybe a carp?

The walleye spawn will be happening soon - we're heading up again on Friday.
[signature]
Its good to hear you are getting up and about again. When I blew out my knee I was down hard for 2 months the 3 months of rehab, the went back to work only to hurt it again a month later in the same spot, this time they surgically broke my leg to realign away from the damaged area of the knee the once again hard down for 3 months then 3 months of rehab. It got real nice not going to work but it was also real boring. Its been 4 years and the knee is still not 80% back. But that's prpbably as good as it will get.

HGope you do better than I did.
[signature]
The Boat ramp is still not in the water enough to launch. we launched on the west side of the ramp, there's a boat dock right there in the water. yea the water was way warm for this time of year. the walleye are still in 35 to 40 foot of water and not all that active yet. later chuck
[signature]