Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E'GAD! My waders smell bad!!!
Hodgeman neoprene waders....too much sweating in them. Wow are they rank. Any good ideas on how to wash them up? And if you are going to suggest "mild soap" then please tell me what exactly that means. Dish soap? Laundry soap? etc.
Thanks!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Just use a laundry soap, turn them inside out and scrub the heck out of them. Rinse them out real good and hang upside down til they are dry. We used to wash our neoprene wetsuits in a laundrymat washer, the large drum type, with good results. [/size][/font]
[signature]
FOR NEOPRENE WADERS, IF YOU HAVE MILDEW ON THEM, USE A MIXTURE OF BLEACH AND WARM WATER, LIKE A TABLESPOON OF BLEACH TO A GALLON OF WATER, SPRAY IT ON WITH A SPRAY BOTTLE AND LET IT SIT FOR 15 TO 20 MINUTES BEFORE YOU WASH EM WITH THAT "MILD SOAP" LOL, DAWN DISH SOAP WORKS, IF YOU WANT TO GET REALLY FANCY....YOU CAN EVEN GO GET YA SOME OF THAT SCENTED SOAP WITH "ODER RELEASE" THAT SENDS GOOD STINK OUT OVER TIME....LEMON, OR OOOOOOO FLOWERS TOO....MY WIFE SLIPPED ME SOME OF THAT ONCE, TOOK A MONTH BEFORE I DIDNT SMELL LIKE I JUST WALKED OUT OF ROLLING IN THE FLOWER BEDS. LOL, THAT BLEACH AND WATER THING IS WHAT I USE, THEN I USE A WASHCLOTH AND THE DISHSOAP TO BASICALLY WIPE EM DOWN, INSIDE AND OUT...IF YOU HAVE A SMOOTH INTERNAL SURFACE, YOU CAN SPEED THE PROCESS BY TOWEL DRYING IT TOO JUST TO GET MOST OF THE WATER OFF. OR YOU CAN HOSE EM DOWN OUTSIDE AFTER YOU SOAP EM UP, I RINSE MINE IN THE SHOWER WITH WARM WATER, FOR 2 REASONS, ONE I DONT WANT COLD HANDS, TWO WARM WATER HELPS THE MATERIAL RELAX AFTER BEING STORED ALL WINTER SO IT GOES BACH TO ORIGINAL SHAPE, UNLESS YOU HAVE FABRIC WADERS, THIS PROCESS IS ON NEOPRENE WADERS.

LATERS,
[signature]
Since you got the soap question filled lets talk about taking care of those waders. Make sure you dry both the inside and outside after each trip. I usually dry the inside first since that is where I sweat. The inside doesn't take to long to dry and then turn them inside out and your basically done. I usually wash my waders mid season and just before winter. That way when I pull them out for a winter trip or fall then they don't stink.
[signature]
One last thing to keep in mind. Everyone is right about the what soap to use, the key is making sure you rinse for a pretty good length of time. You will be itching the whole day if you do not get all the soap and bleach out. Just an FYI.
[signature]
A LITTLE SECRET FOR NEXT YEAR IF WHEN YOU ARE STORING THEM JUST PUT A SHEET OF DOWNY IN WITH THEM AND IT WON'T SMELL SO BAD.
[signature]