Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua
Fished Mantua for a few hours today. That reservoir is sterile! My fish finder kept locating fish but I don't believe it anymore-I didn't get one bite. time to try someplace else.

HCD
[signature]
pops i have been telling you that for years!!!! get ready for jordanelle manana. it should be good. the weather up here is COLD, but i'm thinkin' tomorrow will be nicer.... i'll give you a call later. tough luck... [angelic]
[signature]
Don't agree,

Fished there 4/6 from my tube and caught plenty of LM for that time of year, Nothing of large size (10-12 1/2in.) but Sparky and I were just messing around for a few hours and had fun and a good dinner!!! Were we just lucky? Looking forward to the summer for more LM and Blues, and bigger. Am I up in the night? Also looking for some big smallies at Jordanelle (my favorite local smally pond)! Waiting for some warmer water temps.

[crazy]Leaky
I agree. I debated today whether to fish Mantua or somewhere else. I got skunked there last week and decided to go someshere else, so I drove to Malad and plunked down $74.50 for an Idaho non-resident season fishing license. We fished Devils Creek reservoir for about 4 hour this afternoon. My buddy caught three nice rainbows on orange spinners and rapalas. I'll be danged, but with the only orange rapala I had I get a fish on and it breaks off the line and bye-bye to it all. We couldn't get them to hit anything else. So for all you smart BFTers out there, what is there in the water that orange imitates? I had fun watching Adam land his fish, but it would have been funner if I had gotten a little more action. The water temp was only 47 degrees. Is that still a little cold for the trout to turn on? What temperature do rainbow start spawning at? Acey
[signature]