Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear lake report
[size 1]Fished Bear Lake Thursday beautiful day fish are pretty scatterd.Me and my dad caught 11 total the biggest being a 6lb mack. The rest were cutthroat between 2-5 lbs. Wanted to go Friday but it was real miserable snowing and blowing. Went out Saturday with my son and his freind. We ended up catching 12. My son caught an 8 lb mack. Boy it sure is good to be back on the water. [cool][/size]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Great report!!![/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Got any pictures? Where did you fish at and what were you using?[/size][/font]
[signature]
I have several pictures but I need to get my camera to work to download them I don't have a PC at home. We caught all but three on the east side between Idaho state park and the boy scout camp. We fished in 60-70 feet of water right on the bottom. Fished with repallas thats as specific as I can be but you know that.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
[signature]
[size 1]This is what the Bear lake fishing report from Pugstones says:

[/size][size 2]Well it seems that some fisherman are catching and some are just fishing as of lately. Most anglers that I have seen have been fishing WAY WAY WAY too deep. This is the time of year that you need to hug the banks to get to the fish that are in feeding on the Red Shinners and the Sculpin that are in spawning. I think that the fishing is still fairly spotty but the big boys are out and about and now is the time to break those lake records. Fishing for cutts has been pretty decent from shore. I have talked to several anglers that have reported some 6-8 pounders already. Granted the fishing isn't going to be fast and furious but where else can you have a chance at a 10+ pound Bear Lake Cutthroat? I also think that most anglers that are fishing are trolling too fast. My last report I said 1.5mph but that is TOP speed. Try different speeds and different lures until you can get on a fish or two. Jigging would still not be a bad way to go. I wouldn't totally vertically jig but casting out and jigging back in can be a deadly way to fish this time of year. Try tipping with the same old cisco or sucker meat and of course sculpin for the best action. I would also try bank fishing using whole sculpin patterns. Good luck to all and PLEASE send us your fishing reports so I can keep this site updated to the fullest. Thanks again..... [/size]

[size 2]Bodine again:[/size][size 1]

[/size][size 2]I tried in shallow for a couple of hours didn't have any luck and didn't spot any fish. I've been around bear lake many years does anyone know what a red shiner is? Just curious.[/size][size 1] [/size]
[signature]
report contest winner bodine11

send me your address and ill get you those mooseunlimited lures
[signature]
[size 2]Congrat's Jeff,[/size]

[size 2]Great report! You are going to like these lure's![/size]
[signature]