Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hallow 04/08/04
OK! Here's a report on Sand Hallow from last Thursday. Got to the lake at about 10:00 a.m. with three of my sons ages 4 to 9 and we were the first one's on the lake. Water temp was about 63 degrees and visibility was a dismal 4-6'. I was able to catch about 12 largemouths in the 1 - 2 lb range (11-16 inches) and lost a few others. caught all of them on a black/yellow spinnerbait with a single blade. Storm blew us off the water at about 3.

This is a great body of water with lots of little coves and they have done a nice job with the park facilities. Only saw 3 other boats on the water that day.

Sorry, no pics... had my hands full with three kids and a mess of fish! Great to see them Smile when they'd catch a fish! Oh the things memories are made of!!![cool]
[signature]
i think this is the first real report from sand hollow, thanks alot! sure glad you and the boys had a fun day! whats the charges to get in there? launch a boat? how's the shore access ?

sm
[signature]
Cost for was $5. Nice boat launch and lots of shore access from the rocks, the rest of the shorline is loaded with submerged bushes and may limit shore fishing ability. Also, need to be very careful around the rocks as many are submerged just a foot or two under the water. The red rocks brought back memories of fishing lake powell.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Travelinangler, I agree with Southernman, this is the first report I've seen from Sand Hallow. It sounds like a great day on the water and to catch that many nice bass, wow what a way to break in a new lake. Is it catch and release at Sand Hallow? If not what is the limit there? WH2
[signature]
6 fish limit for LMB either under 10" or over 20"

bluegill limit is 50 although I didn't catch any so I don't know how big they are.
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]How do you get there? I'll be down that way this weekend. I will try Quail first(I know where it is).[/size][/#800080]
[signature]
Sand hallow is about 3-4 miles east by south-east of Quail Creek. From the road by QC head south past the dam to the main road. Take a left and go about a mile and you'll see a Chevron station on your left. The turn-off to Sand Hallow is accross the street going right... just follow the signs.

I fished QC as well with very little success. My oldest caught about a 3lb albino trout and I caught one 13" LMB. Water clarity was almost too good. Saw lots of trophy sized bass but nothing was biting. Saw a number of trout being taken.

Good luck and let us know how you do![Smile]
[signature]
Fish Quail Friday from 12 to 5. Not a single hit or bump. Water level is coming up so its tough fishing from shore.
[signature]