Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HUNTING GUN? .223
[Wink]guess i haven,t had enough coffee yet. didnt sink in what ya was askin till i went over my writin. haha well anyways, a .223 is not much more in caliber than your .22. but i love shootin em. if your gonna be usin a gun fer big game. i would use what i said. because it is right in betwixt, and still has knockin down power. before gramp ever got his 30.30 octogon, he used his .22 because he had to, also he was a good shot and wouldnt shoot if he didnt have a good shot to the heart, or neck.but if youdont your gonna be cahsin that deer or whatever, and i,d hate goin in after a bear with just a 223. you need more, i believe the .223 is a fast bullet just like the .22 just a hair more power. an hittin. so i would look at the .270 or the 30.30 i also had a nice nice 44 mag rifle, ruger! and i loved that gun. mister man hang on though. ahha it knocked me good. ahha that will take down anythin too. i believe distance wise it is the same as my ol. 30.30. you want more bud. i never cared fer the 30 /6 i had my fathers ol springfield, heavy, big scope, and i werent into scopes anyways, if i cant see it and what i,m shootin at, i aint gonna shoot. i like backin. and woint shoot cross the field or open, who knows what there, if ya can,t see in back. always thought they were trouble. and igf the deer is too close, ya can,t see it in the scope anyways,. so i never see the sence in in em. ahha well ya got couple idea,s. have fun lookin, but pick the one thats right fer you, you will know. and dont go buyin it till ya shoot it. every gun, every bullet shootin in your gun is different too. the feel, i,m talkin bout. when you shoot it. make sure the riflin,s good . i figure ya know this but just tryin to hep. later mare
[signature]