Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glendale and Twin lakes
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Went scouting lakes last Saturday around Preston: Foster, Glendale, Twin Lakes. I haven’t fished them for years. How has the water level been? Are there still good bass populations in them or has the low water just about ruined them?[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Water temps are still a little cold for bass, 55-57 degrees but if there’s anything in there it won’t be long. [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Thanks.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Jigz[/size][/font]
[signature]
Johnson & Deep Creek were basically emptied last year so you probably won't catch any bass in those two places. I don't think St. Johns has anything but planter trout in it after it was drained a couple years ago. I will be checking out in St. Johns, Johnson & Deep Creek sometime in the next month to see if I can catch something besides planter trout. Foster, Glendale and Twin Lakes all had enough water that the winter kill shouldn't have been as bad. Everywhere was very low last fall/winter so I don't expect the LMB fishing to be as good as it has been other years. Lamont and Johnson both had some dam work done on them a few years ago which hurt the fishing but I've caught LMB around the 13" range out of Lamont this spring. Chesterfield, Treasureton, Hawkins and Wiregrass are some of the other reservoir in SE Idaho that I know don't have very many fish (if any at all) besides what the F&G plant this spring. American Falls Reservoir and Blackfoot Reservoir were also hurt bad by the drought.
[signature]
Hey thanks Brian. It's Sad to see all these waters doing so poorly. Many of them were top notch fisheries between the drought periods.

tight lines,

jigz
[signature]