Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge?
Does anybody know how the fishing at the Gorge is right now?
[signature]
Last week it sucked big time. We fished Fri. Sat. and Sun. We caught a couple small lake trout, a dozen or more rainbows, and about ten minutes before we were planning on leaving I picked up our one and only kokanee. We left from Lucerne and went all over the place. Everyone we talked to said the fishing was really slow. Bruce, a guide there, got skunked twice and he usually comes away with something to haul away in that old van of his. I hope with the warm weather that the fishing will pick up. Last week was my first trip to the gorge and I am hoping for better trips this summer. Good luck if you go. We tried everything and had mixed luck on everything. Our best luck was on a green or silver "cripple lure" behind one or two shasta sling blades, green or silver.

Let us know how it goes.
[signature]
Wel if bruce isnt catching any fish,i dont feel bad about not catching any fish either.He knows the gorge and has answered a question or two for me.I am not seeing anys bows in the spawn yet and lots of big fish still laying close to the botton. Water temps still colder then what i thought they be.

Looking back thru some notes from my log,this is what spring time was in the west,i think alot of us has gotten use to the mild winters that we have had.Haveing a harder winter then we have had for awhile i think has really moved things back, iam really hopeing the bite wil turn on when temps warm up.I think the bows will be moveing into the coves soon to spawn,and maybe a fat smallie might be caught off a rocky point.

As the surface temps increase,i think the big macks wil start to move up in depth looking for that comfort zone.when they start to move hopefully they get hungry and start to feed

Going to try and be on the water,but have a project going on with th boat,so will have to wait and see.
[signature]
The bows have been spawning in the squaw hollow area for a few weeks now. Last friday night after work we did really well on the trout. One 23" brown, 22" rainbow, 21.5" rainbow, and a 20" rainbow, plus several smaller ones. The wind and colder temps saturday slowed it down some, I wasted most of that day trying to find some kokanee in the pipeline area, but still managed several rainbows. I haven't even tried for the lake trout since ice off. the surface water temps. on saturday were between 42 and 44 degrees.
[signature]
Fished the Gorge on Friday. Caught a 20lb and a 10 lb. We also caught a lot of pups in the 3 to 5 lb range. My Dad also caught a lot of nice rainbows on Sunday and Monday. [:
[signature]