Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HENRYS LAKE
I KNOW IT IS TOO EARLY TO FISH HENRYS YET....I AM PLANNING MY ANNUAL TRIP IN JUNE, A COUPLE OF WEEKS AFTER THE OPENER. LAST YEARS TRIP IN JUNE WAS A TOTAL BUST. THE WIND BLEW ALL WEEK AND IT WAS A REAL TOUGH TRIP TO CATCH AND RELEASE THREE FISH....ANY OPINIONS ON HOW THIS YEAR MIGHT BE SHAPING UP SO FAR....I HEARD REPORTS THAT DRIGGS GOT 5 INCHES OF SNOW TODAY ???? WILL THE FIRST OF JUNE BE TOO SOON TO GO THIS YEAR ? I USUALLY KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE GUY WHO OWNS THE FLY SHOP IN ASHTON,,IDAHO IRRESISTIBLES....ANY INFO , ANYTIME WOULD HELP..........THANKS
[signature]
I don't think the fishing would be any better if you went a week or two later. Hopefully you don't have bad luck with the weather again. I like it when there is a slight chop on the water but the strong winds out of Reynolds Pass (NW corner of Henry's) are always a pain. There are May snow storms in Island Park and Driggs every year so that isn't anything to worry about. No has caught very many fish out of Henry's the last couple of years. If you haven't seen the other Henry's post check it out and you can see that even Bill Schiess isn't catching many fish. I use to consider it a real slow day if I didn't catch at least one fish per hour but last year my best day was only 5 fish in about 10 hours of fishing.
[signature]
I DID READ THE POST ABOUT BILL AND THE WINTER KILL OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS...I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT HEBGEN LAKE THIS YEAR ??? DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD SPOT TO TRY A FLOAT TUBE AND A FLY ???
[signature]
try hebgon where cougar creek runs into it right by the boat launch.. we did very well there last weekend cought a couple of browns over 5 pounds.. useing a thomas fish shaped lure in gold. and a green body panther martin.. had bunches of fun.
[signature]
thanks for the info...what about fly fishing ?????
[signature]