Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 5/15/04
[size 2]Yes, I finally got my boat out of storage and on the water!![/size]

[size 2]Took the wife and kid out for a boat ride (FISHING) Saturday. We anchored off Guss's point in about 30' of water. I was jigging a 4" white tube tipped with cisco and my son was using a pepper colored 3" tube also tipped with cisco. [/size]

[size 2]We marked lot's of fish, but they were definitely on the move. Had a hard time getting hooked up, missed lot's of bites.[/size]

[size 2]One memorable moment for me was when I got a lite bite so I set the hook, kept tension and whamm!!! My drag was screaming and of to the races we went. I set the hook once more for good measure and no sooner had that bugger spit out my jig. I think that was more fun than actually catching him, less work to safely release! LOL My boy's eyes lit up when he seen my pole bend as I tried to tighten my drag.[/size]

[size 2]Weather was great and water was calm all day! All in all a great day just no fish to take pictures of.[/size]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]OOOOOOhhhhhhhh that sounds familiar. Gives me shivers!! You are definately getting closer to the big one ...............[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Thanks for the report.[/size][/font]
[signature]
thanks for the report. I was wondering where all the bear lake reports were. Anyone else? I wanna get up there before the spawn ends on the cutts.
[signature]
[size 2]Spawn is about over from what I hear. I am still new to Bear Lake fishing so this info may not be accurate. [/size]

[size 2]Coot, I guess I did not learn everything that you taught me! LOL SET HOOK SECOND TIME AND KEEP DRAG TIGHTER THAN USUAL!!!!!! When are you going to come up and use some of those cisco????? I can only hold off catching my picture worthy Mac for so long!! You know you have an open invitation.[/size]
[signature]