Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 5/15/04
[size 2]Yes, I finally got my boat out of storage and on the water!![/size]

[size 2]Took the wife and kid out for a boat ride (FISHING) Saturday. We anchored off Guss's point in about 30' of water. I was jigging a 4" white tube tipped with cisco and my son was using a pepper colored 3" tube also tipped with cisco. [/size]

[size 2]We marked lot's of fish, but they were definitely on the move. Had a hard time getting hooked up, missed lot's of bites.[/size]

[size 2]One memorable moment for me was when I got a lite bite so I set the hook, kept tension and whamm!!! My drag was screaming and of to the races we went. I set the hook once more for good measure and no sooner had that bugger spit out my jig. I think that was more fun than actually catching him, less work to safely release! LOL My boy's eyes lit up when he seen my pole bend as I tried to tighten my drag.[/size]

[size 2]Weather was great and water was calm all day! All in all a great day just no fish to take pictures of.[/size]
[signature]
Sounds like a fun time. I have some good memories of days like that. Good weather can sometimes make a slow day still worth while.
[signature]
oh your in sooooo much trouble,

you went without me,

thats it your off my christmas card list
[signature]
[size 3]Thats fine, you are still getting a card from me!! Maybe santa will come early and give you an invite for fishing Bear this summer?? If only I had some downriggers to troll with!! LOL[/size]
[signature]
maybe santa will bring you some downriggers if your a good boy!!!

he brought me 2
[signature]
[size 3]I refuse to be good!! I still have money due in for the boat and that will buy one downrigger to start with. Santa will have to bring me a new tail light for a friends trailer!! LOL I still feel bad!!![/size]
[signature]
invite a guy over to see the new boat and he breaks the taillight and walks away with my flyrod and a few tails for prisem shads. what a guy. though he did help me swap trailers
[signature]