Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condie
Can someone give me some directions to Condie? Thinking of going there next weekend and have never fished it. Thanks !
[signature]
From Logan, take the 91 north just past Preston. Take hwy 34 North about 6 or 7 miles. There is a turnout to the lake on your left hand side. Just watch for the signs.

here is a map link for when you get closer.

[url "http://espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/f_map_bare_03_ID_Condie_Res.html"]Map link[/url]
[signature]
Thanks a ton! Now, does anybody want to share with me what to use to catch some bass? PM if desired. Thanks in advance
[signature]
Most people that fish Condie for the first time have too high of expectations. It is also a smaller reservoir than you might expect. Last year there were a lot of small LMB in there. Several years in a row before that there were very few small bass and as a result there are only a handful of LMB representing several age classes. About a week ago I fished there for almost 2 hours and only caught 3 LMB around 9". There are still a few larger ones in there but they aren't as common as some writters and tackle shop owners want you to believe. I've caught LMB out of there crankbaits, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, stickbaits, rattletraps, all kinds of plastics, "popping" & "walking the dog" top water baits and probably several other types of lures that I can’t remember right now. While fishing there last summer a friend of mine even caught several on a deer hair fly that I tied. I would recommend starting with a bait you have confidence in and changing baits as you see fit.
[signature]
didn't it dry up about 3 years ago or am I thinking of another lake close to condie. I know me and a buddy was tring most of the lakes around there and just ended up to twin lakes and hooked some nice bass and gills there on small cranksbaits in gold and black.
[signature]
Condie has been very low after the irrigation season the last few years but it hasn't gone completly dry. Your probably thinking about one of the other small reservoirs in the area. Lamont and Johnson were dry a few years ago when they had some dam work done on them.
[signature]