Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 05/17
Trolled East Canyon on Monday. Did really well. Fished from about 6:30am till 11:30am. Had the first fish in the boat 5 minutes after getting onto the water. Caught a total of 3 fish in the first hour on the water. Then we nailed 4 fish in the last hour on the water. Trolling pop gear tipped with worm. Also did really good on a silver dodger, and wedding ring tipped with worm. 6 of the 7 fish were in the 14-15" range. And 1 fish that was about 10". All rainbows. We stayed mostly on the south end. We saw alot of fish not very deep. Where we could put our net in and scoop them up if we wanted to.
[signature]
Sounds like a good trip. I've never been to East Canyon, but its on my list for this summer. Al
[signature]
Good report. I was thinking of heading up there this week sometime. Question: when you troll with a worm, how do you keep the fish from just pulling the worm off the hook? Do you just use a little piece of worm?
[signature]
I just throw the whole worm on there. Don't let any of it hang off. And sometimes they still get the worm.
[signature]
That's what I did after they stole my worm, but then I didn't get any more bites, so I figured I was doing it wrong. Oh well, i guess I'll keep playing with my worm till I get it right.
[signature]