Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Berry
I went up on Strawberry this Memorial weekend and let me tell you what a disapointment. The Biggest cutthroat we caught was only 16 inches long. The fishing was ultra slow and let me tell you this lake is in serious jeopordy. I'm not here to tell you how the fish and game, are not doing there job. We all already know that, If they would of implimented a slot on the cuts none of this would of happend. Now we all know in a couple of years to late they will figure it out when they start to loose revenue off of the license sells. But the problem is not just the fish and game but it is the sportsman as well. We as sportsman have trusted the Fish and Game to guide us with the proper limit restrictions on lakes. With this trust we have destroyed one of our best fisherys in the state. People need to stop thinking about how many fish they need for a limit and start a thing called catch and release! We all know the pressure the lake gets every year. All I'm saying is if the fish and game won't do there job maybe we as sportsman need to step up and do what we can to keep The Berry a lasting fishery. One last thing we just can't look at the limit that is laid out in front of us we need to look at the lake and get as much info as possible and then make a choice whether to throw that fish back or not. We no longer can trust the people that only manage for the dollor. By the way we only caught about 20 fish in a 3 day period between 5 people. That really sucks!!! Happy fishing <br><br>
Sorry about the poor fishing but I also fished the Berry this weekend and we did great. In one day four of us caught over 30 fish and most were caught in three hours, the smallest was 18inches the largest was over 20. We caught fish trolling but most were caught casting a bubble and a black fly that looked like a leach. <br> The Doug Miller show a few weeks ago was talking about strawberry and the same things that you are concerned about. There will be several meetings this summer to get fishermen and others to comment on the problem and what needs to be done. This might be what you are looking for as far as a chance to speak your mind. WH2<br><br>
Good old skeeter. One of the few who remembers the good old days of strawberry. Days when one man could have fifty plus days of fish with the majority being well over eighteen inches. Well, its no news to you that those days are over. Hopefully they will be back and soon. It may just be that the old timers will stop coming around and the new guys just wont know how good it could be and that will be the fate of the lake, it may be that we all control the urge to keep fish and the lake sees a rebound. Who knows. Sorry to see you dissapointed skeeter. I figured you would be. Glad to hear you caught some WH2. Anyone else think the answer to all utah's fishing problems is WALLEYE? Man i love them fish.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Yes I do agree walleye would be the answer to the chub populations and the cuts and rainbow would also provide plenty of feed. Oh ya WALLEYE!<br><br>