Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Log Books
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]As everyone knows, keeping a journal of your fishing trips is a valuable tool to help you remember and save good information that can be recalled at a later date. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]For those that would like to log their fishing trips, attached is a Word document from Tri Flash. Check it out and see if it will help you out or give you some ideas of how to set up a better Fishing Log book page. If you have a different or better form, feel free to add it to this thread for others to use.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks BLM, I have been looking online for a good log to keep valuable information, this one has some things that others do not, such as weight points, depth and setbacks.
[signature]
Not too bad but you just need one for fly fisherman. There is a great one on the market for people like me however Tales of the Rise by stream works

Trent
[signature]
Pretty good log sheet. It however does not have a place for a location, GPS coordinates, etc. If you right click on one of the columns, you can add a row and customize it to meet your exact needs. Thanks, Mr. J.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] hey Thanks Rich, I'm going to make good use of that. I have been looking for something like this.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Nice log BLM, I put one together about 11 years ago and it always comes in handy every year. I like the idea of the gps cords, I might have to make up another log page this year. later chuck
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff][size 1]I like the table format. However, as in most things, I like to say more about each trip. I designed a "two up" page...to handle two trips on one page. I made room for additional notes. There are always things about each trip that are memorable enough to note, besides the basics. [/size][/#0000ff][#0000ff][size 1]I am also attaching a "year at a glance" page that lets you chronicle the number of trips and some of the basic notes. Since these are Word docs, you can alter or customize them for your own particular use.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Just as with a choice of rods, lines, reels and lures, the style and use of a fishing log is a matter of personal choice. The important thing is that you DO record the specifics of each trip for future reference. Besides making some interesting reading when you are stuck at home, it can help you formulate a game plan for each trip, based on past experiences. Believe me, the older you get the less you remember from trip to trip.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Like the old boy says..."I believe in the hereafter. Every time I go someplace I ask myself what am I here after."[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
I like the format,,,,i have kept a written log for years,then when i got a puter,started useing it to keep a log.A word of warning here for everyone that wants to keep thier info.BACK it up on a floppy or a disc.I lost my hard drive on sunday,and of course i didnt have any thing backed up.I lost lots of valuable pic and info,but you can bet it will all be backed up now.
[signature]