Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gills for BLM
Since BLM decided to go to mead without me, I decided to show him up on the gills this weekend.

Actually what happened was I was out fishing for largemouth, and noticed a huge school of gills. The stupid things were so active they would hit a 6 inch bass lizard.

So, I made up some custom gill lures out of gamagatsu walleye hooks, and a splitshot. Tore a plastic into a small piece sliped it on a bobber, and slam. Or multi-slam would be more accurate.

We continued to boat fish on those rigs non stop for several hours.

We kept nine or so, just for a meal.
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]At least you kept your damn shirt on this time[Tongue][/size][/#800080]
[signature]
oh, you are killing me man!

Dying of laughter over here.

But theres one question, how do you know I kept it on? I am not in any of the pics.

I did keep it on though. After three days of straight fishing, I have one doosey of a sunburn.
[signature]
Nice Gills !! A little of selective harvest . I got a few in the pan this year . And finally got my computer working again today . Hope it stays that way .
[signature]
[cool] Nice bluegills! I especially liked the skillet pic! Yummm!!
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Hi Predator, are those things pretty good eat'in? Did you use any of the new rods I saw you with at Sportsmans. Anyway nice catch where were you fishing at?[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Dan, In response to, "[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2]are those things pretty good eat'in?[font "Verdana"][#000000][size 1]"[/size][/#000000][/font][/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[size 1]I dont know. You are asking the wrong guy there. I did enjoy them, but I cant compare them to much since in the last ten years I have maybee kept three other fish, and they have all been walleye. [/size]

[size 1]I dont do a lot of fish eating. But every now and then I get a bug up my but and decide to eat a fish or two. [/size]

[size 1]I just tossed them in a pan with some butter and pepper. No fancy fish fryin over here. [/size]

"[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2]Did you use any of the new rods I saw you with[font "Verdana"][#000000][size 1]".[/size][/#000000][/font][/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[size 1]No, I didnt use them today. I have a couple ultra light pan fish rods for that. I have used the Loomis bronzeback rod last week on the snake. I havent used the other one yet. [/size]

[size 1]"[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2]where were you fishing at?[font "Verdana"][#000000][size 1]". [/size][/#000000][/font][/size][/#ff0000][/font][/size]

[size 1]That would be mantua. The gills up there are in huge schools and they have been slaughtering them all week. Guys in boats, guys in tubes, guys on the bank. They are so active and feeding so heavy they hit anything. Like I said, I made up some crap right there with a hook, a split shot, and a torn off chunk of a plastic. We caught fish one after another, after another just as soon as you could throw back in on those stupid rigs. [/size]
[signature]
Went back up today but I didnt do any fishing.

I just took the kids, we fished off the bank.

I had no time to fish, between unhooking the two kids fish, it was all I could do, and sometimes it was too much for one man.

The digital camera ran out of batteries, but we did get a couple pics.

We only fished about an hour, and the kids had a lot of fun.
[signature]
Looks like they are all the same size or are you holding back on the pics.
[signature]