Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 6/6/04
Pretty slow day on the Lake. I did boat one around 8-10 pounder jigging a tube with cisco. The battery in the scale was dead so had to guess. My partner caught a 4-6 pounder trolling a small blue rapala. This is my first time this spring on the west side, I have been spending most of my time on the east side. The marina looks really nice. You won't even recognize it the next time you go up there.
I hit the bear this weekend with a friend and it was pretty slow. We fished Friday and Saturday only getting two fish. We went over to the tackle shop and the guide said we were using the right stuff. Maybe it was the full moon. I netted a small lake trout someone had let go. It was floating on the surface, not doing too well so we picked it up. It had been caught on bait and most of its innards were in its throat. My friend caught a nice cutt on a huge flatfish Saturday morning. We fished from Cisco south about 4 miles. Didn't see many fish caught all weekend. The bank fishers had more luck I think. Guess I'll wait until October for my first mack.
[signature]