Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp pics
Do any of you chase carp in Eastern Idaho?

These pictures were taken several weeks ago at American Falls Reservoir. I mostly shoot them with my bow or snag them. I have tried catching them on flies and bait but I normally get too impatient and go back the old reliable 13/0 treble hook or bow & arrow.
Do any of you know if a carp can be counted as a state record if it is shot with a bow & arrow or snagged?

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5093;]
This is a picture of my brother with a carp he tail snagged with his fly rod.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5094;]
This is a picture of an average sized carp that I shot with my bow.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Hey BrianID, the last time I was through the neck of the woods American Falls Res. was on the brink of being nothing more that a river. Is the level still way down?. How has other fishing been in the Res.? I've got another trip (family related) planned up there at the end of July, not sure if I'll have time to fish I'll have to see what kind of mood my father is in, since he's the one with the boat. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Take care, [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David, from Vegas [/font] [/size]
[signature]
At the end of the irrigation season American Falls has been drained to only 2% or 3% full the last few years.
Here's a link to the water level at American Falls. If you click on American Falls you can see a graph of the water level over the last year and half as well as the average water level at different times of the year.
http://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/burtea.cfm
The carp have done all right the last few years but all of the other species in American Falls have been hurt. You could probably catch a few planter rainbows and possibly some smallmouths but the fishing wouldn't be all that great.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Thanks for the info, I think I'll try to talk him into PaliSades, Henry's Fork or somewhere, not sure yet.

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David
[signature]