Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traveling with rods
Being a bass fisherman I travel with my own rods throughout the country. I am partial to one piece rods so thier length is a major factor in the cost. I had looked at many comercial available rod cases and found them to be very over priced. My brother inlaw and I decided to make own own.

Stop by home depot and pick up an appropriate length piecve of six inch PVC pipe, Needs to be black. Two end caps with the screw in end cap.

I used an eight foot piece fixed the end caps on with pvc cement. I got two eight inch nails cut the pointed end off of the tip and flattened it. Drill o hole large enough to fit a small master lock on. Thread the end cap shut so it is just snug, Drill a hole thru the cap and the housing so the nail goes in one side and out the other. Now you have locking end caps.

I wrapped my rods in bubble wrap and fit 6 ,6 foot rods and one seven foot.

Slapped soom fishing stickers on the outside so people didnt think I was a terrorist. No extra cost for Jet Blue Airlines LB airport to JFK then JFK to PHOENIX.

I them found that I could strap the tube down to the bed of my truck and not worry about back country drives.

Totall cost was less than sixtey dollars. My brother inlaw used the same materials but only four feet for two piece rods. Under Thirty dollars.
[signature]