Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A wiper tournament
I have loved the idea for years but this time its serious. I am in the process of finding weighing equipment, hopefully one of the local tournament clubs will rent out thier stuff on a weekend they arent using it. I am going to contact mike casey at smith and edwards to see if they will help sponsor it. If not I will go to sportsmans, anglers, and hooked. Skeeter, I may need your help with this one. I am going up to discuss it with the F&G today and what I am looking for here is support from interested participants. Tell your buddies that it is trying to be put together and lets get some idea going about numbers. The cost shouldnt be too much I hope to get it around $40 per two man team. But if I can get some support from a local store the cost may be able to go down even further. I am hopeful that it will be near 90 percent payout with the rest going to cover scale rental and tournament officials time. <br>Who knows, its just a dream right now but it has to start somewhere and it might as well be with me.<br>If any one has any info or ideas that might help out, please let me know. I would really love to see this happen. <br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Let me know what you want me to do sounds like a blast. If you want me to talk to Mike Casey or Wade at Anglers just let me Know. By the way if it happens I'm looking for a partner so let me know if your interested. I might even be able to find a certified scale. <br><br>
I'll donate my money and play. With my luck with wipers, that's all I'll be doing!<br><br>
I got a registration application and found out a bit about it. It will cost $100.00 plus a five dollar handling fee. I tried getting a hold of mike casey but he wasnt around. I also tried getting a hold of james ferrin at hooked but he wasnt around. Skeeter, lets talk about this scale. I may have the tank and we may be able to cover the equipment and not have that cost or hassle. It requires a sixty day advance date so mid september is probably the earliest I can get it all put together. We need the backing of a store so that there is some advertising plus somewhere for people to sign up and someone to handle the money. Skeeter, lets set up a time to go hit up smit n edys and then anglers if mike turns it down. As far as being your partner, I may be working the scales and the buisness end of it this year if that is what it is going to take to get it going. I would love to fish it but making it happen for everyone else is the main thing right now.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Count me in. What are we talking about, biggest fish, six fish total weight? <br><br>
six fish total weight.<br><br>
Looks like a go, pending approval from the fish and game. Hooked fishing tackle signed on as the main sponsor and will be putting on the tournament. Sign up will be available as soon as the fish and game approval is recieved. Lets get excited about this one. A wiper tournament should be tons of serious fun. Plus hes going to pay out six places, so there will be a good chance of winning some money.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Six fish total weight, is that per boat or fisherman? I've told a few people and everyone likes the idea but they want more info. Like is it going to be a one day tournament, what will the hours be? WH2<br><br>
The response so far has been huge. We had to put a fifty team maximum on the enties because of the ammount of time and effort it requires to weigh and regulate that many boats and fishermen. So I recomend getting yourself entered as soon as the fish and game gives approval. I will post it up here as soon as we know. Six fish total weight per team. A team may consist of one or two anglers. It will be a one day tournament, and the hours are 7:00 am until 2:00 pm sat sept 14. Now, all that is subject to change if the fish and game would like to see something else so dont take anything as if it was in concrete until the fish and game gives approval.<br>Once we have approval, entry forms will be available at Hooked Fishing Tackle 575 N main in kaysville. Its real easy to get to, just take the kaysville exit off I-15, take the very first left available, that road runs right into main st. take a left onto main and its only about a half mile down the road on the left side. This should be an awesome tournament and very fun. I personally am looking forward to seeing the fish weighed. I am very curious as to how big the overall weight will get to. As well as to see how many anglers are capable of bringing in a six fish limit. I know on most days its been tough for me this year. Should be some serious competition. I just want to avoid giving out too many details in case something needs to be changed.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Is this still on???<br><br>I have the cleanest lures around!
Just waiting for approval from the fish and game. Everything else is in order. Hopefully we will hear back soon. On another note, next year I plan on doing several tournaments out at willard. Some will be the same deal as this one but others will be non-live well style single fish all species tournaments just weighing one fish from each species, and the biggest fish in each species will take the prize. Walleye, catfish, wiper, smallmouth, crappie, ect. This will allow people to fish from the bank, and for all typs of fish. Should be a real fun year next year.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Count my boat in as well as a friends boat I work with. Keep us updated so I can get a couple app's when they are ready!<br><br>I have the cleanest lures around!