Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need tips for Island Park area
My family is having a get together in island park and I would like to spend a day or two fishing in the area. I usually spinner fish on streams but we will also have some youngsters that will want to try to catch some as well. any advice would be appreciated. Chicken.
[signature]
Be sure to check out the regulations for every place that you fish because a large portion of the Henry's Fork is either fly fishing only or no bait (single barbless hooks required). There are also a number of lakes and streams that are closed to fishing or are only open during part of the summer.

If you like to fish smaller rivers and streams and will be staying in the Mack's Inn area I would recommend the Henry's Lake outlet just West of I.P. Village or the Henry's Fork around Coffee Pot Rapids. These two places are not the best places to take kids if you plan on only making a few casts into each hole. If you want to have a fishing experience with the family you could float from Big Springs down to Mack's Inn, fish I.P. Reservoir from a boat or shore or Henry's Lake with a boat.

If you're looking for some creek fishing you could try out the Warm River, Moose Creek, Duck Creek, Targee Creek or some of the creeks around Kilgore. You might also want to consider fishing the Henry's Fork between Riverside and Warm River.

Good luck
[signature]
Brian, thanks for the advise. I will pick up a proclamation next week as I head to scout camp at Camp Loll. The following week I get to spend some time fishing. Chicken.
[signature]