Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Park Area
Hello, I am planning a trip to IP over the weekend, I have only been there a couple of times and this time I want to take my 22' trailer, is there any recomendations for a camp ground close to the river or anything better? please any info would be greatly appriciated. and how has the box been?

Thanks in advance.

Jason
[signature]
[size 2]Welcome to BFT Idaho jason84118,[/size]

[size 2]I cannot help ya with any camping advice but if you promise to come back and post how the fishing and camping was then I will send ya out a few BFT bumper stickers to put on your tackle box or camper!![/size]
[signature]
If you want to fish the box there are a few campsites along the river there but I would recommend the Buffalo River Camp Ground. The box hasn't been as good this year but if you're a proficient nymph fisherman you should be able to catch a few.
[signature]
Gentleman, thank you! I appriciate the info, however, BrianID, I am looking forward to hitting the box, now at Buffalo River campground do they have hook-ups for power? that is all I need, I am fully equiped with everything else. If all else fails I will rent a generator. As far as nymphing? that is bout what all I do, I do like to throw the bigger dries (Cicadas, Salmon Flies, Etc) but nymphing is my game. I will be leaving tomorrow and staying till Sunday, and I will for sure throw a report your way and hopefully this will be a great weekend!

Jason
[signature]
You might want to tie up or buy a few golden stones as well as nymphs. I've also caught a few fish on hoppers in the box. It may be a little early for hoppers but it is always something els to try if you get board with nymphing.

I believe they have hook ups for RV's at the Buffalo campground but don't0 know exactly what is offered. I'm sure you could find some more info about the campgrounds in Island Park if you did a search on google. Here's a link with some info about the Buffalo River campground that may be able to answer your questions.

[url][url "http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/nrrs/id/buf2/newindex.html[/url"]http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/nrrs/id/buf2/newindex.html[/url[/url]]
[signature]
Hello all,

Returned fron Island Park last night, and had a ball, I arrived Friday morning got set up and hit the box friday night and saturday, on sunday I took the drive to quake lake and hit the madison. a yellow stimulator size 12, yellow stone size 10, PT's and a flashback tan scud size 14 was the ticket in the box, I had good success with a superX size 8 tied in orange and black, bead head hares ear, PT's and black WD-40's worked well also on the madison, saw alot of people, got along with the majority of them - lol

Good times!

Jason
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
I'm guessing that you found the fishing to be better on the Madison than the Henry's Fork.
Do you fish the South Fork on a regular
basis or did you pick up the Supper-X from somewhere else?
[signature]
Brian,

Yes I am what you may want to call a henery's fork, south fork, madison junkie, the superX is one of my goto flies in my arsenal as well as several others.\

Jason
[signature]