Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum
Went to Hyrum on sunday and had a good time catching rainbows on salmon eggs over at the SW corner, I did throw out numbers of differnt lures out for bass and trout, but only the salmon eggs caught the trout, and not a bass to be seen.. Talked to another angler and he said there are some big bass being caught on the northside around the submerged cars along with bluegill and perch. gonna try it out Thur. let you all know how I do<br><br><br>swimming in ice.<br><br>
It's funny. I could hit Hyrum from my front yard with a rock but I never fish it. That place is a mad house most days. There are always 5 - 10 boats in the SE corner where the Little Bear River comes in. Some are fishing the channel for trout and others are working the brush for bass. Add 30 ski boats and another 10 -15 jet skis and I'd rather go somewhere else. <br><br>Normally the only thing you'll catch are planter size trout and a few bass, perch, or bluegill. It seems that the perch fishery has really declined in the last couple of years. Ocassionally you'll hear of or see a pretty good fish come out of there but that's the exception. <br><br>Enjoy it while you can because in a month it'll be a mud hole. Last year it went down as low as I've seen it in several years and I expect it to get that low or lower this year.<br><br>
Yeah they were planters, but they avg. size was 14 to 16 inches, much bigger then I thought I would catch, And I agree the perch fishing this year has rather sucked. But im hoping it gets better.<br><br><br>swimming in ice.<br><br>