Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warm River
[cool]I went fishing this morning at the Warm River, it was amazing! I caught 30+ fish, It is amazing how little pressure this river gets, I am up there at least 2-3 times a week and have landed some very nice trout there. I fished a caddis nymph size 16. All you need is chamois caddis in size 16 an elk hair caddis 14-18 and pmd's 16-20 to get a butt load of fish. Anyway I caught tons of planter rainbows and whitefish, the biggest fish I caught was a 19 inch rainbow! on the chamois caddis.(The whitefish here get huge! The best place to start a youngster out) I thought I would let everybody know. Just a question, does anybody esle fish the river besides me, tell me what you use and what you have caught. Here is a picture of the 19 inch rainbow I caught today at warm river on a chamois caddis.
[signature]
Will somebody explain how to put pictures on your post thanks
[signature]
Here is the picture
[signature]
[center][font "Times New Roman"][black][size 4]WELCOME TO BFT IDAHO[/size][/black][/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 4][/size][/font] [/center] [left][font "Times New Roman"][black]Everet14,[/black][/font][/left] [left][font "Times New Roman"][/font] [/left] [left][font "Times New Roman"]Welcome to the boards. Looks like you figured out how to post pictures O.K. Great first report, hope to here many more from ya!! Nice pic as well, is that your son???[/font][/left]
[signature]
That is me in th in the picture, I am only 14 years old but I LOVE Fly Fishing, I have been fly fishing since I was 6 years old.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]Sorry about that!! [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]Age does not matter here at BFTand we look forward to hearing about all your great trips fly fishing. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]Again welcome to the Idaho board!!!![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Welcome to BFT Everet14.
Nice fish in the picture.
To bad there's only whitefish and planter rainbows in Idaho[Wink]

I haven't fished the Warm River for a couple of years but was fishing the Henry's Fork this past Saturday from Bear Gulch to Ashton. I use everything from worms to midges when fishing small rivers like the Warm River. The X-Caddis in #17 & #19 and bead head pheasant tail nymph (#14 - #18) are a couple of my favorite flies.
[signature]