Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Report 8/6/04
Fished East Canyon Today With Theekillerbee and my Little Brother. started out about 6am and trolled by the dam at 1-1.5 mph. water temp was 70* was slow at first but picked up tkb caught 16 good ones and i caught 3 my brother hadnt caught any so i took his pole and he took mine and he got 13 for the day used "mean green" apex and "stinky Pinky" apex with a worm sweetener. fish here down 23-29ft with losts of marks on the finder at 100+ ft.

old dam is still under water probly a good 5ft or so couldnt see it from the road.
[signature]
Hey Jason, sounds like you need to replace that one unlucky rod.
[signature]
It sure was great to get into a bunch of fish. The wind wasn't too bad either. Here is a pic of a few of the fish that went home for the grille!
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5870;]
[signature]
Sounds like a good day at East canyon, did you guys catch any big ones? What about the parasites are they bad? WH2
[signature]
16" was the biggest. yes most had the parisites but they wern't to bad
[signature]
I was thinking he was talking about the jet skiers!!!
[signature]
Don't tell me the jet skiers are as bad as the parasites, if they are I'm staying away from East canyon for a while longer. Fall has always been my best time anyway. WH2
[signature]
Went for sunrise service on Sunday with mom, water temp was 70 when we put in around 7am. Trolled the south fork and landed 5 nice ones. All were caught on pop gear and worms with a sliver spoon. Tried the spiners and needle fish, didn't even get a bite.
[signature]
We fished East Canyon on Sunday for a couple of hours and didn't get a bite. We fished from shore with power bait and worms. So we left and went to pineview. Got a few real small perch, that was a surprise we haven't gotten perch out of there for a couple of years. We also got some little smallies.One smallie we got was about 3 inches long and it had a minnow in its mouth that was about 2 inches long.We got the smallies on a worm off the bottom.We were bank fishing the south side across from cemetery point.
[signature]