Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle
Got lucky again! Took the dog for a 6-8 mi. hike along the East side of Jordanelle yesterday and of course took my rod with me. Spent most of the time hiking along the trail but tried a few places along the way. Caught mostly small bass and a lot of perch on a pearl/shad pulse worm, a few bass in the 12 in range. However, I did catch a "big guy"!!! Before releasing him I measured him at 19 3/4 in., just 1/4 in shy of the "big guy" a month ago! I had a tough time keeping her out of the brush but I got lucky. My gosh are they fat and heavy! I'm going to have to remember to take my camera with me on every fishing trip. This is the second time I've caught a small mouth that is within 1/2 to 3/4 in. of the catch and release state record.<br>Leaky<br><br>
That is awesome, big smallies are as good as big wipers, problem is they arent as common. Keep on catching them fish. Thanks for the report.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Nice job on the smallies Leaky! Jordanelle is a nice reservoir, but its too crowded with boats on the weekends. Otherwise I would get up there more often.<br><br>Yes, My boat is ugly. <font color=red><b>But its for fishin', not for fashion [Tongue]</font color=red></b>
I didnt see it, but the guys at work were talking about doug millers show saturday. Appaerantly they were catching 12-15 inch perch out of jordanelle. Huge fish, and lots of them. I hear they dropped a camera down and the numbers and size was unreal. I have never even caught a perch out of there as far as I can remember. I guess its time to go catch some hawg perch.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
I fish Jordanelle a lot. Remember it was a TV show, I don't want to say they exaggerated but -----. There are big #'s of perch there and plenty in the 8-10 " range but 15"? I catch a lot there and they are great eating! <br>Leaky<br><br>
Yeah I saw that Miller show. The visibility was maybe 4 ft and had to be at least 15 perch in view. They were pretty good sized too!<br>*Edit* If they keep growing in numbers, I smell a Muskie plant [Smile]<br><br>Yes, My boat is ugly. <font color=red><b>But its for fishin', not for fashion [Tongue]</font color=red></b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Teroy on 07/29/02 06:34 PM.</EM></FONT></P>