Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone going Grouse hunting this weekend
Just wondering if anyone is going grouse hunting. I am going to go look for some birds while I scout out my deer hunting canyon. If anybody has some awesome areas let me know. Thanks
I'm going for sure. Like you said it is another good chance to scout for deer and also shoot some taste birds. I will be hunting by Strawberry and I was up last weekend and saw birds so I am hoping it will be good. Last year me and my boy had our limit in 30 minutes. Jumped a big group in the pines and we had a blast. Hope everyone going out has a good time.
[signature]
I won't be able to go this weekend because I'm out of town but I hope I'll be able to go next weekend. We were scouting a little over a week ago for a new area and jumped two seperate groups of chuckers, so at least we know where we can find them for the opener on the 18th. That's the good thing about Farmington canyon, you can hunt low for chuckers and higher for Ruffs and Blues. WH2
[signature]
The grouse hunt is my favorite hunt. I have been on the road for the last month, (2 weeks in chicago, home for a weekend then 2 weeks in Dallas) I get home friday night at 11 pm sleep for 5 hours then meet my buddy to go hunting for the weekend.

This sounds a lot more reasonable to me than it does to my wife. what do you think?
[signature]
I enjoy the grouse hunt as well. I hope we will find some good deer and elk as well. That is awesome about Farmington canyon WH2 I also love the chukar hunt but those birds are hard to hit. I dont know if the wife will like that idea or not but it sounds good to me let me know how you did.
I'm going tomorrow morning. I also love the grouse hunt. It's got to be the funnest small game hunt of them all.

Daniel's canyon has tons of grouse. Just pick any side canyon and hike up it, they're in all of them. Also, out on top of the surrounding mountains to the east towards current creek there are a lot too.

I'll be going closer to home tomorrow though.
[signature]

Hey cat man I want to try going up daniels canyon is there any of those side canyons that are better than others? Is the West or East side better? How about higher up the canyon or lower? Are the canyons with more pines better? I know there is a couple canyons you can drive up a little are they any good? Sorry lots of questions. I did alright opening morning between my buudy and I we got 5 ruffed grouse. They tasted good. Thanks for the help.
Hi olc,

Well, pretty much all the canyons have grouse in them up there. There are a few ruffed, but mostly blue grouse. The pines are best for blues. I'll send you a pm with more detailed info, since I'd rather not give specifics for the world to go and wipe out the grouse populations in my favorite canyons. What I've given so far should be enough for anyone to get into them.

We had fun on opening day Sat. too. See my post.
[signature]