Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tangle free nets.
As the crankbait season rapidly approaches, I'm looking for a new tangle free net. I have used the big rubber ones, but bigger fish tend to jump right out of them. Do any of you have any experience with the coated nylon types? Plan to use it for fish in the 18-26" range, typically will release the fish. Prefer a 3-5 ft long handle. Telescoping would be good. Would like to stay under $50.

Hopper
[signature]
I have used Cabela's coated nets. They are really nice but a bit pricey. The only drawback I see is that when using crankbaits the hooks tend to fall through the openings in the net and still require some manipulating to get them back through. The advantage is the hooks do not pierce the net and get hung up. I like the rubber nets since the hooks don't fall through the net openings as easy. Sounds like you just got to catch bigger and heavier fish so they don't jump out as easily. [Wink] Anyways, the Cabela's nets are nice. The one I use telescopes from about 48" to 96" which makes it nice to be able to net fish a little farther from the edge of the boat! Maybe I'll just put a fine mesh net on it and use it for dipping cisco!
Cheers.
[signature]