Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youth Duck Hunt
Anyone taking kids out for the youth hunt sat. the 25th?
I'll be taking vettdude out on Farmington bay.
[signature]
I think the youth hunt is a great idea, I just wish they would do it 2 weeks early (legally they can) instead of the one week before the hunt. This would let the ducks calm down a little before everyone else gets their turn to shoot.
[signature]
I agree 2 weeks early would be better.
I have some room in my boat if some else would like to go out, send me a PM.
[signature]
Here are a couple of reasons why they don't have the youth hunt earlier. First there are still some young birds that are just starting to fly. Second there are areas that have been dry all summer and they are just being flooded now. This gives the hunters more room to spread out. Last as usual our botulism outbreak is winding down. There are still birds that will paddle with their wings because of the disease. Those of you at farmington bay may find some of these flappers that are suffering from botulism this weekend. The best way to get the birds to settle down would be to lock all the gates so nobody could disturb them during the week between the two hunts. But we are all curious and it is hard to resist the temptation to go check out the old duck marsh.
Here is something that might be worth hearing. Prior to this cold spell there were 200,000 ducks at farmington. I hope those of you who get out with the kids saturday enjoy a great day in the field.
hunt safe G.shorthair
[signature]
I was out on the youth hunt and a got four teal in one hour
[signature]