Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat rebuilding
So Predator how is the rebuilding going and what are you going to rename the boat?
Close now, reassembley has started. I should be on the water next week and be bck in the fine tuned Saddle by friday. I was hopeful that I would be done by this weekend, but this boat has turned out to be a huge project. I have made some very nice adjustments to the structure and frame work of the boat as well as a few small additions like kicker gas tank storage inder the floor rather than on top and in the way, more storage area, rod locker rod holders, ect. Skeeter came up and took a look the other day, he can tell you what a big job it has become, as well as vouch for the very poor manufacturing and engineering done by tracker. As for a name, as long as it is totally useable and still catches fish, call it what you want. I think I will call it "a bad investment".<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Predator, ever thought about inviting Tracker Co. over to your place to see there problems and your solutions? Seriously, I can't believe their engineers wouldn't be interested in sending someone out to Utah for a look-see.<br><br> --- Old Coot ---<br>Keepin the net wet
What kind of problems are you having? What year and model do you have? The only reason I ask is that I have a Tracker and love mine. I have never had a problem (knock on wood) in the 7 years I have had it.

Hook'm pretty,

J.
[signature]
Its a 1998 targa 18 with a 150 h.p outboard. The problem is the bottom of the boat is buckling under the weight and force of the engine. It is rated at 150, but clearly is not engineered for it. Plus, several of the rivets had come out, and a bunch of small things like that, basically the construction of the walls, floors, and entire boat is substandard. In my opinion at least. When I have a boat, I fish pretty hard, the wind and waves dont tend to keep me off the water and I have fished regularly up to six times a week. So any boat owned by me sees a lot of hard use. Tracker has proved itself to me not to be able to stand up to the task. The big kicker is the boat is still under warranty but tracker wont cover it because the problem is caused by the engine, not by the actuall boat manufacturing. Even though its rated for the size engine that is on it. I have since learned that tracker has developed a reputation for not honoring thier warranty. I hope you dont have any problems with yours, my recomendation to anyone who thinks about buying a tracker is to stay well under the rated h.p. buy all welded, and the second you have a problem realize you get what you pay for.
[shocked]Sorry to hear you guys are having problems. Mine is a 1994 Magna 17 Dual Console. I have a 90 H.P. motor. Maybe my smaller engine has not caused too much stress on the structure. The Magna's are somewhat different than the Targa. i think the Targa took the place of the Magna. Good luck. hope you can get things resolved.

Hook'm Pretty,

J.
[signature]