Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake (report)
Headed to the great pond Saturday morning for my maiden voyage in my restored 14 foot tin can! Took my 11 year old with me (fish1onjr). We have not repaired our motor so we had to row! Got just outside the marina channel and my boy asked if he could troll while I rowed. What a dad!! LOL He no sooner got his line in and WHAM he was on and pulled in a very nice White. Well, that got our blood pumping and we were marking fish all over from about 6 feet to 20 feet. I had enough of that rowing sh**, and decided to anchor off. My boy casted his white curly tail grub a few more times letting it sink to the bottom and retrieving slowly bouncing it off the weeds and rocks. Then Whamm, he was hooked again! I barely had my jig tyed on!! LOL. He boated a pup Mack. Now I am thinking, this kid has the hot stick but as soon as I get my line wet we are going to be in for a battle! NOT TRUE!!!!!!! The little stinkers pole is all the sudden bent over like no tommorow! I think he is snagged untill I hear the drag screaming. Holy cow this kid has my goal 10 lb Mack hooked and I will never hear the end. Well, it turns out to be a huge carp, but still a blast for the little guy to catch. What a great day with my son! I will cherish it forever!! (Fish1onjr-3, Dad-0) [signature]
[signature]
Great report !! Kids and fish is the way to go . I bet I could of float tubed that area .
[signature]
way to go jack!!![Wink] beatup on the old man alittle.

Jack the great white fisherman..... lmao
[signature]
that looks like a big ol' carp-not sucker
yup, 15 + lb carp for sure, suckers are a whiteish tan color. sometimes darker. and suckers dont get more than 5lbs. nice carp though. carp are fun, disapointing, but fun.
Joe
[signature]
Thank you for the correction. I apologize for the mis-identification. The pic shows just the top of the fish, my boy could barely hold it for the picture. I forgot my good scales but had a lip gripper for him to hold it. My guess was eight to ten pounds!
[signature]
Great report. Kids sure do have fun when they catch any kind of a fish.
Thanks for sharing.
[signature]