Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report 10/11
Fished bear lake today with Fishonlynch. started out at 7am launching the boat when here come this nice looking boat with bft stickers and a couple seconds latter here walk wiperhunter2. anyway fished the rockpile and guss point for awhile with not even a hit so we moved over infront of the state park marina and tried there with no luck. jigged and trolled both areas. started to head into the marina about noon and i saw 3 large macks in the shallows of the channel. talked to a couple other boat and they had had no luck. i hope curt and Ira did better then we did. was a great day on the pond hardly any wind.
[signature]
Hey jason did you guys try the east side at all? I have had pretty good luck this time of year in 50 feet of water downrigging with a rapala.

Bodine
[signature]
Guess you should have taken me along for good luck!!!!
Should have hit the East Shore, I think that we are still a week out for the Mack spawn.
[signature]
we stayed on the west side. motor would only push us 7mph. stopped at lee's marine on the way home and found out we where running to big of prop for bear lake.
[signature]
Sounds like a rough day. Were you guys in your boat?
[signature]
no fol's dad just picked up a 13' boston whaler with a 25hp merc so we thought we would try that out
[signature]
That was Wiperslayers boat but it needs a few more trips to get the luck working at Bear lake. We did a little better than you guys but not much, we only got one and that was right out in front of the state parks marina. Most of the time we fished by Gus Rich point but never got a bite. We even fished the East side with no luck. Did you guys see that herd of elk right as you come into town before the Chevron? We almost hit one or two but lucky from us Ira was able to avoid them but that was the start of our day. WH2
[signature]
I also had the same luck on Saturday. I was graphing plenty of fish off the rockpile and gus rich and even getting hits but I could not stick one to save my life. It was like the fish were there but in some kind of a staging funk, and not really aggresive. The water temps were 56 to 58, that seems about 5 or so degrees high for them to really get bumping, maybe in another week or so. Macman
[signature]
PICTURES OF PETTY4LIFE AND I AT BEAR LAKE ..................
[inline "BearLake 034a.jpg"]
[inline jasoninwhaler.jpg]
[inline me13ftwhaler.jpg]
[inline sunrise.jpg]
[inline badassboat.jpg]
[signature]
Its been tough catching lately but we did see a couple of big trout near Gus Rich. Couldn't tell if they were Macks or Cutts but it was the same kind of activity that you see when the macks are spawning.
[signature]
FOL,

That is a nice looking boat, even with Petty in it! Where did you pick it up at?
[signature]
he picked itup at the for sale lot at hill...
[signature]